Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Wagon Question... Am I the Only One?

huff2462

Reaction score
I love the Power Wagons... The suspension, stance, winch, lockers, disconnecting sway bar... It's amazing!

There are 2 reasons I didn't buy one, and I'm wondering if I'm the only one:
First, the plastic grill. I hate it! Why is it not an option to upgrade (at least back in May)?
Second, the bench seat. I love my center console too much. I couldn't have a truck without one.

If I could upgrade the grill and get bucket seats, it'd be my dream truck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

nater

Reaction score
Both are fairly easy fixes (but not free). Consoles and grills are starting to show up on Ebay

huff2462

Reaction score
Both are fairly easy fixes (but not free). Consoles and grills are starting to show up on Ebay
Definitely true for the grill... But I think they have a floor shifter for the 4-wheel drive, so I'm not sure about the center console.

tpk0999

Reaction score
I love the Power Wagons... The suspension, stance, winch, lockers, disconnecting sway bar... It's amazing!

There are 2 reasons I didn't buy one, and I'm wondering if I'm the only one:
First, the plastic grill. I hate it! Why is it not an option to upgrade (at least back in May)?
Second, the bench seat. I love my center console too much. I couldn't have a truck without one.

If I could upgrade the grill and get bucket seats, it'd be my dream truck!

One of my biggest pet peeves on this truck. I'd trade the floor shifter for an electronic one if it meant I got a center consol. The grill to me isnt a big deal. All the trucks now have a plastic grill it seems.

huff2462

Reaction score
[/URL]

Here's a guy on another forum in the process of adding a center console to his PW. He plans to add a 90° bend to the shifter and have it come out the side of the console... Can't wait to see how his turns out.

(Note: If posting a link to another forum isn't allowed, let me know and I'll remove it)

jkbrereton

Reaction score
I bought one and love it. I wouldn't give up the floor shifter because it's a mechanical attachment to the drivetrain. I don't trust all the electronics by default. I'd give up the electronic dial shifter for a mechanical one. Especially if it would make a Low 1 and Low 2 selection possible.

I'd like to have side step bars that go all the way back to the rear wheel well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tpk0999

Reaction score
[/URL]

Here's a guy on another forum in the process of adding a center console to his PW. He plans to add a 90° bend to the shifter and have it come out the side of the console... Can't wait to see how his turns out.

(Note: If posting a link to another forum isn't allowed, let me know and I'll remove it)

That's pretty bad ass, not going to lie. Not sure exactly how itll come out tho. I'm trying to conceptualize it, it just doesnt seem to make much sense.

Mythanar

Reaction score
I do have ‘19 PW. Personally, I am on exactly opposite side of the fence. Plastic grill does not bother me because it is lighter than metal, and neither one is going to protect the engine against deer, moose, or bear on the highway. The utility of metal grill is not clear to me, and I don’t care much about looks.

As for the center console, everything I need more or less fits into the crippled console on the Power Wagon, and I do like backup ability to take 6 people in a pinch. Power Wagon is my go-to vehicle for zombie apocalypse, and having these “just-in-case” features fits the character very well.

MaximumSteel

Reaction score
Agree Myanthar and jkbrereton. I like both the utility of the bench/mini-console and the satisfying physical feel of the floor shifter. The new still hasn’t worn off this ride.

Last edited:

Marshfly

Reaction score
I do have ‘19 PW. Personally, I am on exactly opposite side of the fence. Plastic grill does not bother me because it is lighter than metal, and neither one is going to protect the engine against deer, moose, or bear on the highway. The utility of metal grill is not clear to me, and I don’t care much about looks.

The chrome grill is plastic too...

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Aren't all the grilles plastic.

Pretty sure every RAM truck since the first gen (1981) have had plastic grilles.

The Dodge trucks from the 70s had aluminum grilles...I do not even think the 60s Dodge trucks had metal grilles.

Users who are viewing this thread