Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Steering with big tires

DCSly1

Reaction score
Good Day Gents,

2020 ram 2500 tradesman on carli pintop level, 37" tires. My power steering has always whined louder than any other vehicle since I bought the truck new. Occasionally when sitting still and attempting to turn the wheel I get no power steering, usually when pulling out of a tight parking spot. Is this something people are experiencing with larger tires on their trucks? All fluid levels are sat and the tires aren't touching the curb when trying to turn.

Has anyone upgraded PS system?

Hoping to find some assistance here.

Thanks,
Dan

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Sounds like either the pump or steering unit are bad, even if brand new. I can turn my 35s with no issues.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Sine you have a diesel the power steering pump is also used for the brakes, so how well do your brakes work?

Try letting up on the brakes and turning, if it gets better it could be a weak pump.

Enve46

Reaction score
I have PSC steering ram on my Prospector XL but I have never had an issue with 37s on any 2500, gas or diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread