Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Service Users - How do you measure when fueling up?

roegs

Reaction score
I like using Power Service and have been adding approximately 4 oz per 10 gallons. Measuring and pouring is a hassle for me with the flapper we have in the fuel filler. Is there a convenient way any of you have found to both measure and pour in prior to fueling?

I realize there are many different additives and I'm not trying to get an additive discussion going - just looking for a convenient way to measure and get it in the fuel tank.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I do 1/2 a big bottle every other fill up. I've been known to use a long slender flat head to push the flap in vs pulling the funnel out.

roegs

Reaction score
I do 1/2 a big bottle every other fill up. I've been known to use a long slender flat head to push the flap in vs pulling the funnel out.
Forgot about the funnel under the passenger seat....I guess that could be my first option.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
if I'm at the house I'll use the funnel. that stuff stinks so I always wash and dry it. if I'm traveling, the truck gets the screwdriver in the balloon knot, at the pump.

unclelala

Reaction score
Ok ...I got to ask what are you fellers using product wise?

BAT3500

Reaction score
I bought a few rounds of fuel additives in small bottles, a el cheapo skinny funnel, and a small plastic ammo can. I store the bottles, funnel and a rag in the ammo can and toss it in the bed of the truck. Ammo can keeps the stuff dry and the smell at bay and generally lasts for at least year. For economy i refill the small bottles from a gallon jug.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Jorobles0

Reaction score
I use the same additive. I tend to fill up at 1/2 a tank. Found that the small injector cleaner bottle, Lucas I think, holds sufficient additive for 1/2 a tank,5 oz. I emptied the injector cleaner in my gassers, cleaned them up and store them under my back seat. I also have bigger Amsooli fuel additive bottles that I have 10 oz in them. I have a line marking 5oz and 10oz. I keep a funnel with a rag in a thick plastic bag under rear seat, only use funnel if I have to add a bit more additive when I drop below 1/2 a tank. I also have a few empty aluminum octane booster cans to use should I bust a plastic one. With the CP4 in my 2020 I am anal about using Diesel Kleen.

Highcountry

Reaction score
I purchased a small plastic measuring cup with, a factory funnel I bought at the dealership, like is under the seat( I wanted to leave that one where it belongs and clean) and a longer skinnier funnel that I use to add length to the factory funnel. After use I wipe them out with a paper towel and store them in a zip loc in my tool box inside a small plastic box with the additive, making sure it stays upright. That stuff stinks when you spill it

Don-T

Reaction score
I am not so concerned that I measure an exact amount. I have a 52 gallon tank now so when I fill up I will dump in a bottle of Power Service. A fill up takes about 40 gallons, give or take a few, so it is close enough. I have a Harbor Freight funnel and paper towels I keep in the bed as well as a couple of bottles of Power Service. I have a cover on the bed so it stays dry.

roegs

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and ideas. Here’s what I ended up with. The Sea Foam bottle is 5.25 oz to just below the black cap.

6E5213FB-50F1-42A5-A8C8-79E29391202D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread