Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power running board issue

Zorm

Reaction score
Good morning gents, Got a 2022 2500 4x4 6.4 hemi, bought the truck used in 2022 with 2300 miles. The P.O. installed after market power running boards and a few other things. I had my RV trailer connected and still plugged in to the truck and it killed the trucks battery, learned that lesson. Now I guess these running boards are connect via, one of the ways, in the OBD2 connector. Well, after I got the battery charged from dead, now the running boards aren't working. I have reconnected the OBD2 connector with the truck on and off, with the doors opened and closed, and no resolve. Any thoughts, thanks

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
You could try reaching out to the manufacturer of the boards. :) Or look up the installation/ operation instructions online might have some information. Might be a long shot. But you miss 100% of the ones that you don’t take.

Wholeo

Reaction score
If they are AMP steps you will have to call 1-888-983-2204 if you will require their assistance. When they answer they will say Real Truck, they might own AMP now. Don't email them as it's been 5 days and they still haven't responded to my question. Called them, got put in que with a call back and my question for a replacement part number was answered in 20 minutes.

AZCummins

Reaction score
If they are amp I would try unplugging the module and plugging it back in if you haven’t already done so. I have had them on a couple trucks and for whatever reason the module on one of them was very finicky.

2wheelsor4

Reaction score
Be ready to wait on hold for a while when you call, I think I was on hold for 30 minutes last week.

Bighoof

Reaction score
First thing to check is the fuse. Might be as simple as that.

I am on my 3rd set over the years. No real issues other than sticking a little when there is a lot of ice buildup. Not the board's fault though.

joelp

Reaction score
my amps are acting up too. you can leave your name and number and they'll call you back. guy today was really helpful, but i was at a place where it was going to be a real bear to get past so i hung up after he gave me the next steps. he told me his name and that he's working tomorrow and to call back and ask for him if it didn't work. seemed like top notch customer service to me.

Users who are viewing this thread