Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power folding mirrors

Adl.42375

Reaction score
I ordered a Ram 1500 Bighorn.. with night Edition, towing and level 2 packages..12 inch screen..63,000$ vehicle.. on my way home I realized the mirrors weren't power folding.. after getting home realized it didn't have passive entry! Come to find out the passive entry doesn't come on Bighorn.. but the mirrors was a mixup duec to discrepancy on level B vs level 2 ... complete bs... anyone have any advice? I have a complaint filed... first time truck and Ram buyer.. and not happy..

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
We practice diversity and welcome all truck owners here, but you might get a better answer on the 5thgenrams.com sister site where all the 1500 owners hang out.

Mostly a bunch of HD folks here on HDRams.com.

P.S. Non power folding mirrors on all but Limited trims has been a thing since about mid summer due to chip shortages. If you ordered a package before that and it changed, the dealer should have informed you.

tiki318

Reaction score
the only things i really wanted in the truck was the power-folding mirrors and the ram boxes. the hubby had his own agenda which did not include the boxes this time around. i priced out our laramie 3500 about 9/9 and the PFM was still included in the level A/B packages. however, that feature was removed from all but the limited and trx trims back on 9/14/21. when we placed the order on 9/29, the options had been renamed C/D and listed manual-fold mirrors. at some point the equipment packages changed again to Levels 1/2, then back to C/D. i know because i kept checking the ram site, costco auto site and pestering my salesman every 2-3 weeks. so, in january, when Levels A/B were restored i had the dealer revise our order to reflect Level A equipment since we were still D status. i got my power-folding mirrors!

Adl.42375

Reaction score
the only things i really wanted in the truck was the power-folding mirrors and the ram boxes. the hubby had his own agenda which did not include the boxes this time around. i priced out our laramie 3500 about 9/9 and the PFM was still included in the level A/B packages. however, that feature was removed from all but the limited and trx trims back on 9/14/21. when we placed the order on 9/29, the options had been renamed C/D and listed manual-fold mirrors. at some point the equipment packages changed again to Levels 1/2, then back to C/D. i know because i kept checking the ram site, costco auto site and pestering my salesman every 2-3 weeks. so, in january, when Levels A/B were restored i had the dealer revise our order to reflect Level A equipment since we were still D status. i got my power-folding mirrors!
Thanks for rubbing it in.. lol..I don't have time to do all that.. this is on the dealer and ram.. they make me good then I'll be back.. thanks for sharing..

Adl.42375

Reaction score
Thank you..I got the price quote for mirrors add on.. like 850$.. it's a lease so I'm not bothering paying out of pocket..

tiki318

Reaction score
Thanks for rubbing it in.. lol..I don't have time to do all that.. this is on the dealer and ram.. they make me good then I'll be back.. thanks for sharing..
ah sorry, now you know that was not my intent. I did check out the 1500 BH build specs though on ramtrucks. both Level 1 & 2 equipment packages list "power-folding" mirrors as included features. the standard features list, however, specifies "manual fold". i found a couple of discrepancies between spec sheets for the same build when i was researching our truck. unfortunately, i can from experience attest that the info on ram truck site does not always align with what is conveyed to the dealers at the same point in time. there is often a lag. your salesman can print out a features list for your level of equipment. barring that, he can certainly reach out to his factory rep for clarification. i truly sympathize. this was my major focus for 4 months. i drove my husband nuts. but he reaped the benefits of my persistence. good luck.

Darkside

Reaction score
I ordered a Ram 1500 Bighorn.. with night Edition, towing and level 2 packages..12 inch screen..63,000$ vehicle.. on my way home I realized the mirrors weren't power folding.. after getting home realized it didn't have passive entry! Come to find out the passive entry doesn't come on Bighorn.. but the mirrors was a mixup duec to discrepancy on level B vs level 2 ... complete bs... anyone have any advice? I have a complaint filed... first time truck and Ram buyer.. and not happy..
You didn’t mention if you have the tow mirrors or the non-towing mirrors. My 2019 1500 Bighorn came with tow mirrors that were full power heated with manual fold, on the build and price it shows power folding unless you got the trailer tow mirrors, then they will be manual fold.

Users who are viewing this thread