Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Pics of your 2019+ 2500 or 3500!

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Nice 2nd Gen - assume its a 24V? think they stopped offering the 12V mid-98 or so. I do still miss my 24V every so often but less and less with my 2024 now.

Yeah, 24V. The (much) better cylinder head with the (much) worse pump haha.

I love this truck. Dont think ill ever sell her.

SpeyRam

Reaction score
Yeah, 24V. The (much) better cylinder head with the (much) worse pump haha.

I love this truck. Dont think ill ever sell
Tell me about it. My VP44 quit on me a few times at the worst possible time (dead pedal) up a mountain pass in the summer with traffic loaded with a camper and boat in tow. I was lucky to get moving again. Decided to sell it not long after that.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Tell me about it. My VP44 quit on me a few times at the worst possible time (dead pedal) up a mountain pass in the summer with traffic loaded with a camper and boat in tow. I was lucky to get moving again. Decided to sell it not long after that.

Im dreading that day. To be honest, ill probably P-pump convert it and keep her forever when the vp44 dies.

Im still on the original VP at 185k miles.

Ostracize

Reaction score
Well that's no bueno. When did it start making noise, or has it always done it?
Yeah I agree, unfortunate. Started @ ~30k. #6 cyl lifter bore casting flaw or initial assembly dmg (hard to say which) picture attached.
Also of note, the old block's cam/lifter engagement wear pattern was very inconsistent around the cam lobes on pretty much every cylinder. No scoring though. So there is was definitely evidence of lifter rotation as some others have noted in various posts.

Attachments

• 20240409_110845.jpg
    20240409_110845.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, unfortunate. Started @ ~30k. #6 cyl lifter bore casting flaw or initial assembly dmg (hard to say which) picture attached.
Also of note, the old block's cam/lifter engagement wear pattern was very inconsistent around the cam lobes on pretty much every cylinder. No scoring though. So there is was definitely evidence of lifter rotation as some others have noted in various posts.

Dang! My ears are always going to be on high alert now. I also have a '21 HO..... 23k miles

Users who are viewing this thread