Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Pics of your 2019+ 2500 or 3500!

Distillusion

Reaction score
I do like my softopper. I did find that Bestop doesn't list a soft top for Rams newer than 2017 on their own web site. And their newer Supertop2 isn't offered for Rams at all, only Ford, GM, and Toyota.

IronByron

Reaction score
@IronByron, that is an option, but i didn't purchase it. i do plan to get the screen in the
next few months.

Thanks, I really want to pull the trigger on one. Wife is concerned about dogs in the back and preventing the purchase (lol). She thinks it will be too flimsy. Does it flap in the wind much?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
Thanks, I really want to pull the trigger on one. Wife is concerned about dogs in the back and preventing the purchase (lol). She thinks it will be too flimsy. Does it flap in the wind much?

doesn't flap at all. it actually sucks down softly on the frame. i"ve tested it up to 105mph and it's super sturdy. extremely versatile. you can fold it up towards the cab and use the full bed. all the sides roll up as well.

IronByron

Reaction score
doesn't flap at all. it actually sucks down softly on the frame. i"ve tested it up to 105mph and it's super sturdy. extremely versatile. you can fold it up towards the cab and use the full bed. all the sides roll up as well.

I just noticed your profile pic, you appear to have a great dane? I have one as well and he is the entire reason we need a topper! Does your dane ride in the back with the soft topper ok then I presume? That’s my previously mentioned concern of my wife. Our giant dog is too precious to ride in a soft top lol. Sorry for all the questions but thanks for the info.

Last edited:

snowmiser68

Reaction score
Mine after 10000 miles and a new set of hoofies!

20190614_154615-X2.jpg
Beautiful truck!

Distillusion

Reaction score
I just noticed your profile pic, you appear to have a great dane? I have one as well and he is the entire reason we need a topper! Does your dane ride in the back with the soft topper ok then I presume? That’s my previously mentioned concern of my wife. Our giant dog is too precious to ride in a soft top lol. Sorry for all the questions but thanks for the info.
Like @elephantrider our dog ends up in the back sometimes, but he's not Dane-sized. Our Tervuren will ride in the rear anytime I allow him to get wet or muddy. The Softopper is just fine for that. Keeps the rain, wind, and snow off them as we roll along country roads. I don't really like having dogs in the back of the truck at highway speeds unless they're crated, though. It's not comfort I'm worried about at that point, but if you have to make any emergency maneuver, they can easily be thrown the length of the bed and I've seen that result in broken bones. So if I intend to be on the highway, I either keep him out of water and let him ride in the cab. My truck has the foldout flat platform under the rear seat, and his favorite dog bed cushion fits perfectly in there. If I intend to have him in the bed, I just tie his crate down back there, keep him from getting thrown around. If it's a nice day, I'll leave the soft top down for air movement, keep him from overheating. He prefers not to be in the crate, but he'll jump right in anyway if he thinks he's going somewhere with me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread