Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POI Diesel Pricing Option?

Markposen304

Reaction score
Is there a way to make the UC 5 nav system report pricing (and availability) of diesel when using points of interest for fueling stations? I can’t find it if there is. Kinda stupid to have only 3 gas grades as options on a CTD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myfast70

Reaction score
There is but I'm not sure how to toggle it. A user in the general Uconnect5 forum posted and issue with his initially always having diesel prices to it disappearing, then doing a soft reboot and there then back to disappearing. He reached out to ram cares and is waiting for an answer.

CharlieL

Reaction score
There is but I'm not sure how to toggle it. A user in the general Uconnect5 forum posted and issue with his initially always having diesel prices to it disappearing, then doing a soft reboot and there then back to disappearing. He reached out to ram cares and is waiting for an answer.
That was me. I’ve found no diesel setting for POI on either route or full map. Resetting does not seem to effect anything. Sometimes prices are there; most of the time they are not. I am traveling right now. Saturday from Albuquerque to Deming NM had no diesel prices, no prices showing at all. Yesterday I had diesel prices, but only when within about 10 miles of stations. On initial trip home they showed up much further out. RamCares suggested reset and disconnect then reconnect phone. That made no difference.

Myfast70

Reaction score
I had quite a few issues today with UC5 and it is incredibly frustrating!! First, my display had been reading in the metric system so all directions were displayed in meters & km. I went thru all of the menus and they were set to imperial. Then between stops this morning it went to imperial and has stayed that way since.

When it shows gas stations it only shows gasoline and nothing at all for diesel and that hasn't changed, frustrating!

Next issue is that it kept kicking me off of Bluetooth, disconnecting, the reconnecting just to do it all over again 30-60sec later. It did that no less than a dozen times today.

Finally, I got out at a stop, shut the truck, got back in and had the display of death, black screen... Fortunately I bookmarked the "soft reset" instructions and after 4 tries I finally got the screen to come back on. I opened a case with Ram cards or whatever it's called last week and they were supposed to call back, but of course never did. I really don't want to take it to a dealer to check it out as I feel they will be rather useless and tie up my truck for who knows how long with likely no fix for it as I have the most current updates

Last thing, I set mine up for auto updates, connected it to my wifi and press the check for updates but I just sits there searching and never says that it found anything or that it is even up to date, which is all the more frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread