Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plow Installation

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
Have any of you installed a plow on your truck yourself? Its time to retire my Bronco. It has a Meyer Diamond edge blade on it thats still in very good shape. I'm thinking $700 for the truck side mounts would be my cheapest bet. When I put the plow on the Bronco, it took me about a day including the wiring. Ive heard that new Rams are the most difficult trucks to put plows on these days, so Im wondering what Im getting myself into.

Dave01

Reaction score
I haven't done it myself, to be honest wouldn't consider it. My last few plows I bought from a used plow place, great guy, they do the install and stand behind it if any problems. My current on the Ram is a Fisher MMII 8' straight blade, that one was installed new. I realize it isn't the most complex install, but it's one of those things that I figure I want people who have installed hundreds to do the work.

What size is your Meyer, guessing 7.5'? 8' works better on these trucks but of course you'd be fine with 7.5.

Ramster3000

Reaction score
I use a boss plow. Im not a plow company. I just had It swapped from my 22’ 2500 to my 24’ 3500. It’s an awesome shop near me. Im particular and feel like they do a better job than I could because they’ve done so many. From talking to them the ram is one of the easier ones I believe , with plug and play light harnesses etc. FYI, the install portion is around $450 in MI. I only paid $600 to have them strip it off the old truck and install it on the new truck. Overly worth it IMO.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Took me less than 1.5hrs to install my Fisher plow mounts and wiring. The RAMS are the easiest to install plows on hands down

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I haven't done it myself, to be honest wouldn't consider it. My last few plows I bought from a used plow place, great guy, they do the install and stand behind it if any problems. My current on the Ram is a Fisher MMII 8' straight blade, that one was installed new. I realize it isn't the most complex install, but it's one of those things that I figure I want people who have installed hundreds to do the work.

What size is your Meyer, guessing 7.5'? 8' works better on these trucks but of course you'd be fine with 7.5.
It's an 8'. My Bronco is on one ton axles and has a 7.3 Powerstroke.
Took me less than 1.5hrs to install my Fisher plow mounts and wiring. The RAMS are the easiest to install plows on hands down
Good to know. I couldn't find anything related to installation, but it might have been my search words.

Users who are viewing this thread