Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pillar or ditch light bracket options.

Alligator John

Reaction score
Of the ones available now, what are the ones people like? Ones to stay away from? Different mounting locations? I don't want to just throw a dart or pick by cost alone. I figure a few people have been through googling the different ones already and had some experiences with their choices. TIA

Linked4door

Reaction score
What DD light did you go with?
Ss3 sports + ssc1 pros for ditch lights (clear lens with amber back light). Combo beam pattern for each. I am also running DD's as reverse lights, fogs, and side lights on the headache rack.

jabartram

Reaction score
Im running 7 ss3's on front light bar and 4 ss3's as ditch lights 4 ss2.s in rear bumper, ill get pics when i have the setup finished.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Ss3 sports + ssc1 pros for ditch lights (clear lens with amber back light). Combo beam pattern for each. I am also running DD's as reverse lights, fogs, and side lights on the headache rack.
Awesome. I was initially looking at the BD lights (like everyone else), but after a buddy recommended DD and I started looking, they seem to have a great price to performance balance.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Awesome. I was initially looking at the BD lights (like everyone else), but after a buddy recommended DD and I started looking, they seem to have a great price to performance balance.
I was originally going to buy BD, but there was a mixup with my order. I was not a fan of how they handled the issue that was their fault. When I had a issue with DD (due to me screwing up the address), they handled it with ease. I am sure plenty of people had good experiences with BD, but personally I did not.

Alligator John

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies to my question y'all. I decided on and ordered the SDHQ pillar mounts tonight. About $200 for a small piece of metal. Ouch! Now I need to decide on the lights. I like the looks and price point of the Rigid D series lights and was going to go with the SS Pro Spot with the leds on the outside edges, but after thinking about it, I'm concerned about how the lens wraps around it and wondering if it may splash too much light onto that 23 performance hood hump and to my line of sight from that passenger side ditch light. So I may go with the regular D series spot. Considering the D series pro midnight. There are so many options for the simple bolt on stuff it's mind numbing trying to decide without having them in hand to compare.
And the pile of stuff for the new truck grows. Today I also picked up a battery to go into the NH 2nd battery mount and the Husky X acts came in the other day. Overall it's getting expensive and I don't even have the truck yet.

jabartram

Reaction score
One of the things i like about the Diode Dynamics is changing lenses, if im not happy with a lens setup, or light dispersion, with a little work i can change the lenses, also they have snap on yellow covers, which i keep in my glove box. on my front bumper/light bar, i have 180* of light, then i have dual ditch lights for 90*.

UglyViking

Reaction score
For what it's worth I've also been looking at ditch lights for when my bumper comes in so I can do all my lighting at the same time. I landed on SDHQ as the design seemed the most solid. There is another design, I think BD, that for some people causes the fender to stick out a bit. I don't know if it's improper install or a design flaw, but it seems to be pretty common. There is another option I can't recall.

Alligator John

Reaction score
Ones I found online or was already aware of. Rigid, Morimoto, Fcklightbars,. And baja design. I was tempted by the Morimoto because they are half the cost of the others, but I found no reviews or posts about them good or bad. They might be great, but buying stuff before I have the truck, I want something I reasonably know in advance will work for my needs. Fcklightbars I talked to one person online that liked them, but it was the only mention of them I found. Rigid is well liked, was my close second, and probably would have worked for me. Baja design from cjc mounts in a different way and I was not clear on just what they are mounted to. SDHQ had more positive comments online than any of the others. I watching a youtube video or article with pictures, can't remember which or may have been both. I liked how easy they installed and liked the idea of the rubber vibration dampers that come on that one. I am sure I will be happy with those.

Users who are viewing this thread