Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone/tablet holder for dash?

Savin yours

Reaction score
Looking for a quality mount for phone/tablet/ham radio face. 2022 3500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be looking at the Bulletpoint Rubigrid.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If you need to mount from other places, or want ball and arms parts that are more economical, I'd be researching RAM Mounts.

I got the Rubigrid to replace a single ball mount I already had cobbled into that spot, and am just going to 3D print PETG AMPS pattern ball mounts as I have a bunch of RAM Mounts stuff.

Arkon also makes a ton of mounts, just be cautious of some of the plastic bits. RAM mounts or the bulletpoint stuff is much better.

Attachments

• 1651700443842.png
    1651700443842.png
    129 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Razzman

Reaction score
I'm one of those people that can't stand crap on my dash or in my view, but I insist on having a 7" monitor for my trailer backup camera. Anything mounted with arms all over is a no-go for me. My solution is the Bayou Goat Mount and Clutchit Magnetic Phone mounts. The Bayou mount is almost non-existent when not in use and using magnetic mounts makes it super easy to move around where I want it. I can mount the monitor and my TTMS on there no problem. If I wanted to mount a phone there it's a piece of cake. Likewise I keep my dashcam mounted on the passenger side behind the mirror where I can barely see it too. I realize this setup is not for everyone but works well for us.

bayou_2500.jpg
bayou.jpg
Similar setup on the old truck
camera2.jpg

Darkone

Reaction score
+1 for the bullet point rubi grid. I’ve had it for 5-6 months now and absolutely love it. Solid mounting position with tons of flexibility. Plus having the option to add mounts from other companies make it pretty nice.

BigDaddyKong

Reaction score
What is the purpose of having both tablet and phone mount when you have the Uconnect?

HopFanatik

Reaction score
I'd be looking at the Bulletpoint Rubigrid.

Assuming you have the 12" UConnect from your sig details, does the rubigrid fit? Their site says no go for 2019+ w/ 12"

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming you have the 12" UConnect from your sig details, does the rubigrid fit? Their site says no go for 2019+ w/ 12"

I didn't catch that and haven't installed it yet. I'll have to take a look when I get back in town. I think I saw a post somewhere that a slight mod was needed to make it fit, but I could be wrong.

If needed, I'll just use the grid and put it on my own 3D printed base. Regardless, I can probably adapt it to fit in some fashion.

HopFanatik

Reaction score
I didn't catch that and haven't installed it yet. I'll have to take a look when I get back in town. I think I saw a post somewhere that a slight mod was needed to make it fit, but I could be wrong.

If needed, I'll just use the grid and put it on my own 3D printed base. Regardless, I can probably adapt it to fit in some fashion.
Cool, let us know when/if you do get it installed.

HopFanatik

Reaction score
that being said, I saw a review on their site with this pic - looks 4th gen HD w/ 12" display and rubigrid to me.

1653603121336.png
edit: and this one...
1653603432576.png

Metternacht

Reaction score
I just installed this in my 2020 power wagon. With 12” screen. It required filing one corner into a slight radius. I had asked Bulletpoint customer service. They sent pics showing the mods. It’s the corner on the drivers side front. I used a bastard file and took my time. Took about 10 minutes to get the shape needed.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I just installed this in my 2020 power wagon. With 12” screen. It required filing one corner into a slight radius. I had asked Bulletpoint customer service. They sent pics showing the mods. It’s the corner on the drivers side front. I used a bastard file and took my time. Took about 10 minutes to get the shape needed.

That jives with what I seemed to recall was needed.

Users who are viewing this thread