Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone charger not working

GrizzlyRAM

Reaction score
I just got my 2022 RAM Laramie 3500 DRW after waiting 7 mos. I'm having some issues with power steering and the phone charger.

Does anyone know how to turn the charger on or where the fuse might be to check that?

I've tried putting the phone in multiple positions, case, no case, different phones, etc. I do not get any lights (red, yellow or blue)

It worked great in my 2019 2500 Limited.

tchur1

Reaction score
I havent had any issues with the charger specifically but just about all of my fuses were not seated from the factory and many others have reported the same. If you think it might be a fuse, Id just check all of them, fuse box is located under the hood on the driver side, they all are probably 1/16" and will click when fully seated.

GrizzlyRAM

Reaction score
I havent had any issues with the charger specifically but just about all of my fuses were not seated from the factory and many others have reported the same. If you think it might be a fuse, Id just check all of them, fuse box is located under the hood on the driver side, they all are probably 1/16" and will click when fully seated.
Thanks - I figured as much.

jsalbre

Reaction score
May be a dumb question, but are you sure you actually have the wireless charger? They’ve stripped it out of most trims and option packages now.

GrizzlyRAM

Reaction score
May be a dumb question, but are you sure you actually have the wireless charger? They’ve stripped it out of most trims and option packages now.

Even though I have the physical pad where you can put the phones - the exact one that was in my 2019 RAM, I don’t see it in my 2022 window sticker like on my 2019. Maybe it’s just the pad but no charger behind it. Weird. Thanks for the reply.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Even though I have the physical pad where you can put the phones - the exact one that was in my 2019 RAM, I don’t see it in my 2022 window sticker like on my 2019. Maybe it’s just the pad but no charger behind it. Weird. Thanks for the reply.
If it says “RAMCHARGER” on it then it should be there.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Not on my sticker or build sheet. (It was on my 2019) - it says: Remote Charge–Only USB Port

It's strange because the pad is physically there.
Sorry, I mean it should say RAMCHARGER on the truck itself.

A51A3147-5E2E-4819-853A-E8C34A29C086.jpeg

jsalbre

Reaction score
Thanks - I was able to compare my 2019 and my 2022 does not have it. I just assumed it did because the thing to put my phone on is there - it does not say RAM Charger.
That’s unfortunate. The good news is if you want to add it it’s not terribly difficult. The part number is 82215150AG. If you don’t have the little cubby you’ll need that as well (68524507AA)

GrizzlyRAM

Reaction score
That’s unfortunate. The good news is if you want to add it it’s not terribly difficult. The part number is 82215150AG. If you don’t have the little cubby you’ll need that as well (68524507AA)

THANKS! I also ordered the Air Leveling and 50 gal tank - they left off both!!!

techman

Reaction score
I assume this too on my build since I thought it was standard. It's not.

Easy visual check too, the charge/USB ports above the phone holder are centered you do not have the charger pad. If the same ports are set off to the right then you do.

Reaction score
I assume this too on my build since I thought it was standard. It's not.

Easy visual check too, the charge/USB ports above the phone holder are centered you do not have the charger pad. If the same ports are set off to the right then you do.

Not so sure about this. I have the cubby and the USB ports are set off to the right. However, I do not have the wireless charger. '22 PW.

willowcreekfarm3

Reaction score
I just got my 2022 RAM Laramie 3500 DRW after waiting 7 mos. I'm having some issues with power steering and the phone charger.

Does anyone know how to turn the charger on or where the fuse might be to check that?

I've tried putting the phone in multiple positions, case, no case, different phones, etc. I do not get any lights (red, yellow or blue)

It worked great in my 2019 2500 Limited.
The charger on my 2023 Limited doesn't work. It turns off randomly and has never charged the phone to 100%. Thinking it was due to a hot battery, I waited until the phone battery was at a normal temperature and, still doesn't work. Disappointed that this feature doesn't work in a truck that retails for for over 100K.

Users who are viewing this thread