Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Performance" spark plugs?

dablack21

Reaction score
I have heard on some of the older model engines that upgrading to a higher quality spark plug can increase performance and mileage. Does anyone here have any personal experience with this on the 6.4?

Razzman

Reaction score
I'm old so that said in the last 50 years of building and maintaining vehicles I've found that claims of better performance from so called high performance spark plugs is pretty much snake oil for the average vehicle. So much more is required than just spark plugs to see any benefit. OEM plugs or quality replacements are designed to work within the parameters of your vehicle to include the associated ignition system components.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I'm old so that said in the last 50 years of building and maintaining vehicles I've found that claims of better performance from so called high performance spark plugs is pretty much snake oil for the average vehicle. So much more is required than just spark plugs to see any benefit. OEM plugs or quality replacements are designed to work within the parameters of your vehicle to include the associated ignition system components.
Fully agreed. The only way those performance plugs are going to give any improvement by themselves is by making your wallet lighter so you are hauling less weight around.

Users who are viewing this thread