Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peragon Bed Cover Versus Retractable Tonneau

BigSexy 64

Reaction score
Yes, I don't ever hear mine. The Retrax I had my my previous truck would rattle when driving 70+. This one does not.

BigSexy 64

Reaction score
Yes it does, you put them on it during the installation. I've never driven mine with it collapsed. I rarely haul anything that large.

Chris1911

Reaction score
For those of you that don't like the Peragon cover because it's a pain in the ass to crawl in the bed and retrieve the stuff at the front, there are tons of products on the market for that. Google "telescoping cargo hook", and you will find all sorts of options. It's not an issue at all to me.

I have had mine for a couple years now, and the only downside to me is it gets a little water in the back corners near the tail gate and boy does it get hot in the sun. Love the way it looks and functions.

51117980884_26f36f7cb2_c.jpg

2500Ram

Reaction score
Went with the Gator retractable and it is incredible! Super quiet and easy to open close even though the truck is really tall. There are 2 drain tubes that i was able to squeeze into the tie down hook holes. We've had a couple rains and bed was dry. Only complaint is the order of operations for installation...you should really leave it all loose, close the cover, get the cover squared up, then climb under and tighten with a flashlight. I didn't do that but it would have made getting the rails parallel much easier and getting the rails parallel is the most important install aspect.

Razzman

Reaction score
I've had the Retrax PowerTrax for a couple years now, had the Retrax MX on last truck. Never had an issue with either one. I looked at the Peragon and the Lomax, actually bought the Lomax but it fit like crap so I sent it back. Wife wanted the PowerTrax so that's what we got. Works well and i'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread