Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payload Discrepancies on Website? What's the Real Number??

PASTORT55

Reaction score
Has anyone come across Payload discrepancies on the website? I ordered a 2022 3500 Limited Longhorn SRW and in looking for the payload, I'm seeing conflicting numbers. 1 link says its 4330 and another says its 5580 for the exact same build out. For a 5th wheel, that makes all the difference ... Can someone help me to know for sure what the actual payload capacity is on a 3500 Limited Longhorn, 8' 3.73, High output ... dealer wasn't sure either. thanks!!!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The 4330 sounds more likely but i am not sure, @Brutal_HO your payload should be similar numbers to help him out i assume

rb92673

Reaction score
Have you looked for a similar build in this thread?

Crousey71

Reaction score
It would begin at 4330lbs and then depending on additional options selected, it would go down based on the option weight. The 5580lbs rating would be for a dually.

rossagge

Reaction score
If you check the Ram site, It should be fairly accurate. I checked mine, similar truck as yours, but with the 6' 4" bed, on order as well, and it shows 3840 lbs payload. I feel that should be pretty close. Is your's 2WD or 4WD? 2WD shows 4440 lbs. for your 8' bed. Click on the Towing and Capacities drop down and enter your trucks criteria. I used it for both my other trucks and it was very close. You won't get a dead on number until it's built and you check that door jam.

Edit: I tried entering my VIN and it couldn't find the VIN. It's built with a window sticker but not shipped yet. Not sure what keeps it from populating. If you use the Look up my vehicle option and plug in your truck, I find it to be very liberal with the number. But if you just use the drop down and start with selecting your truck and use the drop downs for your truck configuration I feel you will get more accurate numbers.

Last edited:

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Using the Look up my vehicle tab with a VIN is accurate.

Using the configurator is going to be wrong. As it is just a truck with the engine cab bed and drivetrain you have.

Obviously the most accurate way is your door jamb...but that is not feasible without a truck...lol

A limited is a heavy girl. Gonna be between 3700 and 3900.

PASTORT55

Reaction score
If you check the Ram site, It should be fairly accurate. I checked mine, similar truck as yours, but with the 6' 4" bed, on order as well, and it shows 3840 lbs payload. I feel that should be pretty close. Is your's 2WD or 4WD? 2WD shows 4440 lbs. for your 8' bed. Click on the Towing and Capacities drop down and enter your trucks criteria. I used it for both my other trucks and it was very close. You won't get a dead on number until it's built and you check that door jam.

Edit: I tried entering my VIN and it couldn't find the VIN. It's built with a window sticker but not shipped yet. Not sure what keeps it from populating. If you use the Look up my vehicle option and plug in your truck, I find it to be very liberal with the number. But if you just use the drop down and start with selecting your truck and use the drop downs for your truck configuration I feel you will get more accurate numbers.
Thanks, it's a 4WD ... it seems like the payload is going to be around 3700 - 3900 based on others experience ... not happy about that .... really don't want to go with a dually, but don't want to be unsafe either... thanks!

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Definitely 5k+ payload is dually.
My 19' HO limited mega cab (short box) payload is 3800lbs. LB should be a little more higher on payload but it all depends on your particular configuration.

Bill2e

Reaction score
Has anyone come across Payload discrepancies on the website? I ordered a 2022 3500 Limited Longhorn SRW and in looking for the payload, I'm seeing conflicting numbers. 1 link says its 4330 and another says its 5580 for the exact same build out. For a 5th wheel, that makes all the difference ... Can someone help me to know for sure what the actual payload capacity is on a 3500 Limited Longhorn, 8' 3.73, High output ... dealer wasn't sure either. thanks!!!
That has to be SRW vs DRW.

My 2021 3500 Laramie HO / 4x4 has a payload of 3620
GVWR 11,800
Front 6,000
Rear 7,000

CdnHO

Reaction score
My Limited Longhorn dually has a 5200 pound payload. Your SRW will be over a thousansd less.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

My 2020 VIN hasn't worked on that towing guide site for probably a year. It used to pull it up. Now nothing. No error, no progress, no result. different computers, different browsers.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It's in my sig, but if you can't see that;

"Everything" on a CCLB includes 50 gal tank.

2020 3500 Limited HO/Aisin CC 4x4 SRW LWB Granite Metallic (Order: 1-15-20 @Home 3-10-20)
Loaded with everything except sunroof, VSIM, backup alarm. Post sale TTPMS added. Rolling on Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 285/65R20
Max Payload: 3,707 | Usual Payload: 2840 || Max Tow: 25,150 | Usual Tow: 15,800 || Rolling Curb Weight: 9,540 | Max GCWR: 33,610 | Usual GCWR: 24,500

Lary0071

Reaction score
This is a 2022 limited longhorn with the dually and no air suspension. There is a major pump up in payload with the dually.
Also is a 2021 Laramie base dually with 12" screen and Alpine but no tech packages or sunroof.

The SRW comes at a cost to payload that is fairly large but yet a benefit in convenience for daily driving that is also fairly large.

Attachments

• Towing & Payload Capacity Guide VIN 3C63RRKL1NG120317.jpg
    Towing & Payload Capacity Guide VIN 3C63RRKL1NG120317.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2021 Laramie Towing Guide Specs.jpg
    2021 Laramie Towing Guide Specs.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 14

PASTORT55

Reaction score
Thanks, that’s helpful. Definitely seems payload is about 1500 less with the SRW … appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread