Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payload and Towing Look-up

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
A heads up to everyone using the Ram site to look-up your payload and max towing using your VIN. I entered my VIN and a friends VIN using my computer and a cell phone. The numbers retrieved are different depending on the type of device being utilized.

My truck for example:

Computer shows: Max Payload: 2,658 and Max Towing: 16,858.
Cell phone shows: Max Payload: 2,810 and Max Towing: 16,530.

Not a big deal ..... but I would expect the same results regardless of a web vs mobile platform.

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
Good Idea. My truck got loaded up on a transport truck this AM at Mark Dodge. I'll check it and report back when I get "hands on"

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Here's what I think is happening: If you enter the VIN without capitalizing the letters, their site doesn't find your exact vehicle and is using some default value for the trim. This means it doesn't account for the way you equipped your truck.

If I carefully enter your VIN with full capitalization, I get the same results on my phone that I do on my laptop. Also, if I do a search for your VIN on my laptop with non-capitalized letters, I get the trim default payload (2,810).

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I just checked my iPad, MacBook, and door sticker. All tree match.

I think we’re so programmed these days to just think the inter webs works perfect that some times we forget it still makes mistakes.

One little byte of coding is wrong somewhere and all hell breaks loose .

Like the original programmers used to say “garbage in, garbage out”

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
Hanging out with all of you smart guys won't make me smarter .... but I appreciate the education :)

Mine is a Big Horn, hemi, NE, 2500, megacab, rambox with 4.10

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
Although when I checked my friends truck on the laptop ... I cut and pasted his VIN (in all caps) from the ODS spreadsheet and it still showed his truck as a lonestar when it is a big horn. When it was entered mobile in lower case it still showed lone star and the weights were off

rossagge

Reaction score
Although when I checked my friends truck on the laptop ... I cut and pasted his VIN (in all caps) from the ODS spreadsheet and it still showed his truck as a lonestar when it is a big horn. When it was entered mobile in lower case it still showed lone star and the weights were off
Prob for the same reason @iflyskyhigh mentioned. But yeah, Lonestar and Bighorn are the same trim, just badged as Lonestar for Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread