Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patagonia X/T tires

Vroooom

Reaction score
I had been considering the Patagonia M/T since I keep reading wonderful reviews on them, and they have a 126 rating. However, I was slightly deterred by the lack of a "Three Mountain Peak" snow rating, even though many of the reviews say that they have EXCELLENT snow performance. Ultimately, I found that they are not recommended for a 8" wide (OEM) wheel. After doing all of that, I eventually decided to move away from the OEM tire and wheel all together. But I am very eager to hear how your experience goes. Ive heard great things and you just cant beat the price. Happy trails.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I don't have any first-hand experience, but I was very close to pulling the trigger on the M/Ts when I last needed new tires. At the time I saw a guy in our work parking lot with them on an H3 so stalked him to get his perspective. I couldn't quote him exactly at this point, but essentially he said they were very quiet, but were at the wear bars by the time he hit 20K and that after the first 5K they were so bad on snowy roads that he wouldn't drive his H3 the 4 miles to the office when it snowed. That was what deterred me.

Obviously the XTs are a different beast, so may wear/behave completely differently.

Bigred6.7

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. You know have me going back and double checking the rim widths and all. Exactly, you just can't beat the price and really looking to avoid paying $350+ /tire as prices seem to be over inflated at the moment compared to earlier in the year. The X/T's have the 3peak symbol which is a positive as some roads out here in UT require it in the wintertime.

Users who are viewing this thread