Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passenger side wiper issue

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My 2019 passenger wiper arm just started screwing up it works normally but sometimes it just goes up an inch and drops back down, i will be getting the dealer to change the wiper transmission but is this a common thing on the 4/4.5 gen like it was on the 3rd gen? I know they changed the wiper transmission from the 3rd gens but i thought they fixed that issue

time2kyl

Reaction score
My driver's side one was all over the place a couple weeks ago. Turns out the nut holding the arm on was loose.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My driver's side one was all over the place a couple weeks ago. Turns out the nut holding the arm on was loose.
I was thinking that may be the issue as they are only tapered I'm going to try tightening it tomorrow

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You were right tightened it up all good and checked the drivers side it was tight so i should be fine now

time2kyl

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of work to take it to the dealer for a 2 minute job.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Did you guys with loose wipers have squeaks?

I found out my squeak over bumps that I thought was in the dash, was actually my driver side wiper.

I got rid of the squeaks by shooting a little silicone lube on the wiper stem and under the foam bootie

I didn’t really think about them being loose, thanks. going to check the tightness of them today.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

I found out my squeak over bumps that I thought was in the dash, was actually my driver side wiper.

I got rid of the squeaks by shooting a little silicone lube on the wiper stem and under the foam bootie

I didn’t really think about them being loose, thanks. going to check the tightness of them today.
No squeak for me pisses me off they went with a taper lock the quick release splined one were so much better

time2kyl

Reaction score

No squeaks either.

Users who are viewing this thread