Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passenger side lean

Ram25002021

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Curious if anyone has noticed a prominent lean to the passenger front of your trucks? I have a 2021 2500 with rear air suspension and the 6.7 motor.

The research I’ve done has to do with the rear air suspension sensors being off. I’ve checked mine and they are even with each other.

The issue I’m having is that from level ground to the top of the wheel well, the passenger side sits 3/4” lower than the driver’s side. I measured up to the suspension and that appears level from the ground. I called the dealer and asked the question and got a vague response that some of them just lean.

Curious if anyone has noticed this, or had it addressed at the dealership.

Thank you!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Curious if anyone has noticed a prominent lean to the passenger front of your trucks? I have a 2021 2500 with rear air suspension and the 6.7 motor.

The research I’ve done has to do with the rear air suspension sensors being off. I’ve checked mine and they are even with each other.

The issue I’m having is that from level ground to the top of the wheel well, the passenger side sits 3/4” lower than the driver’s side. I measured up to the suspension and that appears level from the ground. I called the dealer and asked the question and got a vague response that some of them just lean.

Thank you!
Was your fuel tank empty or full?

Ram25002021

Reaction score
Last time I checked the measurement it was about 3/4 or more full.

BikePilot

Reaction score
Perhaps cross caster is off? Also could just be sloppy manufacturing.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
If the tank is full and its off thats not normal i would try to adjust the level rods for the bags

Lift89

Reaction score

Thank you!

A lot of these trucks we are finding out aren’t aligning properly UNLESS there is sever cross caster in the front end.

My truck was like this, in order for it to drive straight it needed the caster to be complete opposite. I’ve gotten it dialed in to where I only have 1/4” passenger lean at this point.

Check your caster alignment cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram25002021

Reaction score
Appreciate all the replies. I have an appt. for this and the software recall late next week and will mention the caster, hopefully it’s something they can get a bit closer. If I didn’t notice it when looking at the front of the truck, it wouldn’t bother me so much.

Stampede5

Reaction score
Apologies for jumping in on an old thread, however I Purchased a 2022 Ram 2500 4x4 new back in May with the Rear Air Ride setup and currently have a driver side lean front to back of 3/4 to 1 inch. I did not notice the lean until after the purchase. I have been working with the dealer and been doing my own research and now have Ram involved with a Star Case. I wanted to ask if your Lean ever got addressed and fixed by Ram or your dealer? And what was the solution if it got fixed?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread