Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parts (options) Inventory on Delivery

DPeglow

Reaction score
My wife will be going to pick my truck up for me this week as I'm out of town for work. I wanted to give her a list of items to make sure are in the truck when she picks it up. Attached is my Window Sticker to help sort out what should be included.

• 2 1/2" to 2" Hitch Adaptor (Seems a couple guys haven't had this so maybe its no longer included?)
  • 5th Wheel Prep Trim/Closeout Rings
  • Winter Grill Cover
  • (4) TPMS Sensors for the TTPMS
  • Camera for Wired Tow Mode

Items I'm not sure about
  • Is the block heater cord removable? Included? My '13 2500 it was just a plug that hung in the Bumper but I've seen newer HDs where it is just a receptacle and you need buy a cord separate
  • TowTechnology Plus Group
    • DRVM with side cameras. Are the side cameras additional cameras that should be in a box in the truck for the trailer?
I also told her to check for hail damage as mine was getting shipping right in the hail storm window. Thanks for the help guys!
20230529_090717_resized.jpg

flan

Reaction score
Block cord will be attached right from the factory.

44Dan44

Reaction score
No hitch adapter on my 23 ordered 11/30/22 picked up April 28th.
Front license plate bracket was in backseat.

DPeglow

Reaction score
Block cord will be attached right from the factory.
Thanks for the Info!
No hitch adapter on my 23 ordered 11/30/22 picked up April 28th.
Front license plate bracket was in backseat.
Forgot about the license plate bracket. I'll grab the adapter from my '22 then before trade in. Thanks!

Only really follow up is, is the Tow-mode camera and cameras for the TowTechnology Plus Group two separate boxes of cameras?

From my research it looks like the Tow-Mode should be its own box/camera and the TowTechnology Plus Group Cameras should be a box of (3-4??) Cameras?

Ickabod

Reaction score
Thanks for the Info!

Forgot about the license plate bracket. I'll grab the adapter from my '22 then before trade in. Thanks!

Only really follow up is, is the Tow-mode camera and cameras for the TowTechnology Plus Group two separate boxes of cameras?

From my research it looks like the Tow-Mode should be its own box/camera and the TowTechnology Plus Group Cameras should be a box of (3-4??) Cameras?
My tow mode camera was in a bag, while the trailer cameras were in a box. All in the back seat. My TTPMS were in a plastic bag under the back seat.

CortexM0

Reaction score
Thanks for the Info!

The tow-mode camera will be in it's own box. Often in the back seat floor. It should have a label like below, and contain the camera, mounting bracket, repeater, cables, zip ties, mounting screws, and instructions.
camera box.jpg

As for the Side Cameras in the TowTechnology Plus Group, these are actually mounted on the truck. There should be a backward facing camera mounted in the lower outside corner of each side view mirror.
Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 10.23.59 AM.png

DPeglow

Reaction score
The tow-mode camera will be in it's own box. Often in the back seat floor. It should have a label like below, and contain the camera, mounting bracket, repeater, cables, zip ties, mounting screws, and instructions.
View attachment 57976

As for the Side Cameras in the TowTechnology Plus Group, these are actually mounted on the truck. There should be a backward facing camera mounted in the lower outside corner of each side view mirror.
View attachment 57977
Thanks for the info on the side cameras, I would have had her looking for another box. The Dealership would have prob been lost and helping her look for it too LOL.

Was there a previous options of cameras that were for the trailer? I selected all the towing options available when I placed my order.

CortexM0

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the side cameras, I would have had her looking for another box. The Dealership would have prob been lost and helping her look for it too LOL.

Was there a previous options of cameras that were for the trailer? I selected all the towing options available when I placed my order.
There's the 360 trailer surround camera system. This has four trailer mounted cameras and can give you an overhead trailer surround view. Unfortunately this appears to be a victim of supply chain issues. While it was frequently mentioned in the 2023 promotional material, I have yet to see anyone who has actually been able to order it with their 2023.

DPeglow

Reaction score
There's the 360 trailer surround camera system. This has four trailer mounted cameras and can give you an overhead trailer surround view. Unfortunately this appears to be a victim of supply chain issues. While it was frequently mentioned in the 2023 promotional material, I have yet to see anyone who has actually been able to order it with their 2023.
Gotcha, yea that sounds like what I was thinking of. My Window sticker doesnt make any mention of it, so must have not been available when I Ordered. Thanks again for all the info/help.

Bombaman

Reaction score
Mark Dodge don't include front bracket (its removed from Factory for LA builds) so you need to procure it seperatley. (68362197AA ~$26 online)

Users who are viewing this thread