Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painting the hood emblems?

huff2462

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? I'd like to paint the red "Heavy Duty" lettering to match the rest of the truck (it sticks out too much for my liking) and leave the rest as-is.

I'm curious if they're easy to remove and put back... Or if they come apart.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ahhhr

Reaction score
Good idea. I'm planning to de-badge most of my truck and using Plasti-dip on some parts.
Maybe ill spray the "Heavy Duty" instead of removing.
Good thing about plastid-dip -- just peel it off if you don't like it.

U

User_905

Has anyone tried this? I'd like to paint the red "Heavy Duty" lettering to match the rest of the truck (it sticks out too much for my liking) and leave the rest as-is.

I'm curious if they're easy to remove and put back... Or if they come apart.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
They snap out and snap back in. I’ll attach photos of my emblems I painted myself to match my truck as well.

ahhhr

Reaction score
That would look better on any color truck.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
They snap out and snap back in. I’ll attach photos of my emblems I painted myself to match my truck as well.
James, did you paint them, or is that plasti dip? Yours looks good, and this is on my growing list as well. Thanks!

U

User_905

James, did you paint them, or is that plasti dip? Yours looks good, and this is on my growing list as well. Thanks!

Matte Black rattlecan. I sanded down the original chrome plated emblems and filled them up and removed most of the coating first and cleaned them with odorless mineral spirits before apply the first coat of paint. Then I wet sanded the first layer and let dry and repeated it for 3 or 4 coats then let them completely dry and cure over night. Hope this helps.

I’m sure simple plastidip about 3-4 coats will be just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread