Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P2701-00 | Active

oledirteh

Reaction score
Transmission friction element B apply time range /Performance-

no lights on the dash, nothing. i went to look at trading in the truck early last year and ford claimed my truck needed a new trans. went to the local ram dealer and they confirmed there was a code and figured it was a snap ring or something but wont know till they tear into it.

well i had a busy year and when i had it looked at i was around 55k now im at 88k and have it scheduled to go in to be looked at. truck runs fine, shifts fine, i see 0 issues but figured id have it resolved since getting close to the end of the warranty. wish me luck boys.

Attachments

• 20240217_082348.jpg
    20240217_082348.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 7

flan

Reaction score
Do you have one of the extended warranties?

flan

Reaction score
Yea the trans would be out of warranty so that’s gonna be nice. As far as snap ring I haven’t heard of that on the 68rfe, should be interesting to see what the root cause of the code ends up being.

oledirteh

Reaction score
actually just looked. looks like it ran out at 75k. but looking at that paper i should be covered until 100k and the dealer said it would be. will see after they look. if not ill pay the diag and get it back and continue to run it till it goes. will see.

oledirteh

Reaction score
took it in and had them look at it. appears that at max pressure there is a little bit of slip in the clutchs but with in spec. so just gonna keep running it as is and add more clutchs later in life when it needs rebuilt. upside, my loaner for the day was a 2024 twin turbo jeep grand wagoneer. that thing hauled the mail!

Users who are viewing this thread