Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P24A5 code after only 480 miles ***PISSED OFF***

arod_221

Reaction score
Hey folks, has anyone had this code pop on their 2500 HD's yet? It just popped on mine and the truck only has 495 miles now (drove 15 miles home after code popped). I hooked up to the OBD port and the code states something about the EGR valve. Obviously taking it to the dealer tomorrow and trying not to lose my head when I walk into the service dept. I'd say this is completely unacceptable for a vehicle with 495 miles on it.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Second time I have seen this come up in the posts either here or on a Cummins Forum.

Seemed like a flash fix no hard parts. You’ll be ok. Of course post up results and your interaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hey folks, has anyone had this code pop on their 2500 HD's yet? It just popped on mine and the truck only has 495 miles now (drove 15 miles home after code popped). I hooked up to the OBD port and the code states something about the EGR valve. Obviously taking it to the dealer tomorrow and trying not to lose my head when I walk into the service dept. I'd say this is completely unacceptable for a vehicle with 495 miles on it.

Hi arod_221,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your truck. Please be sure to keep us updated on your dealer's findings. If our team can be of any additional assistance while your truck is in service, we'd be happy to help. We're just a PM away.

Mark
Ram Cares

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Hi arod_221,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your truck. Please be sure to keep us updated on your dealer's findings. If our team can be of any additional assistance while your truck is in service, we'd be happy to help. We're just a PM away.

Mark
Ram Cares

I can speak for @RamCares they had helped me out substantially on my 2019 1500

Use them as a resource if you need.

PS: @RamCares you gotta keep that bar high and help with a lot of these horrible dealers we have to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the same type reason why my 2013 Cummins didn't stay in the family long. I just kept the scan tool handy and cleared them so not to look at the check engine light. None of it ever really affected performance, but annoying as all heck.

@RamCares definitely seems to have helped many members. Glad to have them around.

Users who are viewing this thread