Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P026B OBD2 Code and Engine Light

benderdan

Reaction score
I have a 2019 RAM 3500 Tradesman. Today the engine light came on. I was close to a gas station and turned the engine off, filled up with diesel, and started the engine to return home and the engine light came back on, When I got home I checked with my OBD2 reader and the only code that came up was P026B. We just (a month ago) had the high pressure fuel filter replaced as part of the recall. Other than that, there have been no other changes.
I read previous threads where some mentioned where the fuel came from. However, the light came on when I had 1/4 tank with fuel from one location and I filled the tank with fuel at another location. Therefore, I'm disregarding the fuel source solution.
Any recommendations? Is it safe to drive until I can get an appointment to be checked?
Thanks

flan

Reaction score
You’re not the first to get that code after the Y78. In my case it appeared then cleared on its own. Let us know how you make out with it.

Tkrex7

Reaction score
I have a 2019 too and I had the recall done about a month ago. Same code came up for the engine light that just came on yesterday. At the dealer now waiting to find out what is going on with it?? ‍♂️

Tkrex7

Reaction score
I have a 2019 RAM 3500 Tradesman. Today the engine light came on. I was close to a gas station and turned the engine off, filled up with diesel, and started the engine to return home and the engine light came back on, When I got home I checked with my OBD2 reader and the only code that came up was P026B. We just (a month ago) had the high pressure fuel filter replaced as part of the recall. Other than that, there have been no other changes.
I read previous threads where some mentioned where the fuel came from. However, the light came on when I had 1/4 tank with fuel from one location and I filled the tank with fuel at another location. Therefore, I'm disregarding the fuel source solution.
Any recommendations? Is it safe to drive until I can get an appointment to be checked?
Thanks
Dealer just finished it. Said they cleared the code and drove it 40 miles and it never came back on. They checked the fuel rail pressure and it stayed where it was suppose to . So I guess we will see…

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Any update? I am now getting this code on my 2020 RAM 3500 Cummins

Users who are viewing this thread