Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outside Temp sensor.

Xflight29

Reaction score
Does anyone know the location of the outside temp sensor location is ? Driver Mirror ? , behind the grill ? the other morning was 30 degrees outside and truck read 50 degrees so no seat or steering wheel heat. want to try and disconnect it and reconnect to try and see if it re-sets it self.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Its in the drivers mirror, the seats and wheel should work regardless of the temp or do you mean with a remote start

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Does anyone know the location of the outside temp sensor location is ? Driver Mirror ? , behind the grill ? the other morning was 30 degrees outside and truck read 50 degrees so no seat or steering wheel heat. want to try and disconnect it and reconnect to try and see if it re-sets it self.
It’s the little nipple on the driver mirror. Mines usually reads high when the truck has just been sitting. Once I get some air moving it reads correctly.
image.jpg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
If the sun is on the mirror while sitting it will also cause a spike on the temp readout
Pretty much. I’ve gotten in the truck after work on ~88° days and seen 101° on the readout. As soon as I start moving it comes down pretty quick. The thermometer on my back porch is pretty optimistic, too. It gets a lot of sun.

Users who are viewing this thread