Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered new Dually, rim/tire question for the gurus

KM673000

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just placed an order with Mark Dodge for a 23 Laramie DRW. I’m getting way ahead of myself and dreaming about larger tires, but have quickly learned there is quite a bit that goes into it for the dually models.

I would love to fit the Baja boss 255/85/17’s, but it looks like that cuts it close if no spacer, and we tow heavy.

Are there any aftermarket rims that offer slightly greater offset without the “poke” past the rear fenders? Vision haulers? Can’t seem to find the info.

Anyone with experience would be greatly appreciated, trying to avoid a wider rear end.

Thanks!

dstonic

Reaction score
Curious…what tire brand and specs are coming with it?

dstonic

Reaction score
That’s what I’m running stock when I bought it brand new. A friend of mine told me that there is an issue with the front end I believe on the passenger side where it causes abnormal wear on the tire ……not too sure but that’s what I heard. Anyone ever hear about that?

KM673000

Reaction score
I run 255/80/17 on mine. Ran them on my stock wheels without issue, but now installed on 17x6.5 Ion Alloys
No spacers on the stock wheels? Are the ion alloys same specs as oem? Love the look of your truck, the tire seems more flush with the fender than stock.

GBB

Reaction score
That’s what I’m running stock when I bought it brand new. A friend of mine told me that there is an issue with the front end I believe on the passenger side where it causes abnormal wear on the tire ……not too sure but that’s what I heard. Anyone ever hear about that?
Having same problem with passenger side tire. Tire wearing on outside. driver side tire is fine. Taking it to alignment shop.

Firebird

Reaction score
No spacers on the stock wheels? Are the ion alloys same specs as oem? Love the look of your truck, the tire seems more flush with the fender than stock.
No spacers with stock wheels or the Ion's

Users who are viewing this thread