Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One aux switch for compressor and wireless controller

Steverin06

Reaction score
New guy here. I'm planning on ordering an ARB twin and Pacbrake wireless air spring control (https://pacbrake.com/product/hp10325-amp-wireless-air-spring-controls/) for my Timber Grove CRM bags. I will also use the compressor as OBA. My thoughts are the power of the ARB would eliminate the need for a tank for my application (trailer/truck tires, inflatable kayaks, etc).

I called ARB because I've read the fuses for the factory aux switches are too small to power this compressor. ARB said two harnesses come off the compressor - one to the battery for power, and the other which can connect to my aux switch to turn it on. For those familiar with these, does that sound correct?

Can I connect both the pacbrake and the ARB to a single aux switch to turn them on? Would it beneficial to do so? I'm thinking it may run the compressor unnecessarily (or will it just power on but not actually run with no demand from the controller/ OBA QD) before the controller completes its power-on cycle and connects to my phone via bluetooth to tell the compressor to inflate my bags. At times I will just run the compressor as OBA.

I'd rather power both with one aux switch (even if the pacbrake isn't used) if it makes sense.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Run 2 for compressor one to the aux switch and one from the pacbrake straight to the compressor no need to go through the switch with that one, the one from the pacbrake run a diode or relay setup so it can not be back fed from the other circuit

dave41079

Reaction score
The ARB compressor has a heavy gauge wire that is fused and connects directly to the battery for power to the pump itself. It has the switch wire as a "turn on" that you would connect to your Aux switch. I'm not familiar with the pacbrake, so I can offer no help there.

Steverin06

Reaction score
Run 2 for compressor one to the aux switch and one from the pacbrake straight to the compressor no need to go through the switch with that one, the one from the pacbrake run a diode or relay setup so it can not be back fed from the other circuit
Thank you for your reply. What so you mean "run 2 for compressor"? Also, do you mean connect the power harness from compressor to the pacbrake Controller? The pacbrake will then use a different aux switch, and with the diaode or relay, it won't turn on whenever I use the compressor aux switch to power just the compressor?

Steverin06

Reaction score
The ARB compressor has a heavy gauge wire that is fused and connects directly to the battery for power to the pump itself. It has the switch wire as a "turn on" that you would connect to your Aux switch. I'm not familiar with the pacbrake, so I can offer no help there.
Thank you. Whenever you turn on the arb with the aux switch, does it run if there is no deman from it?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. What so you mean "run 2 for compressor"? Also, do you mean connect the power harness from compressor to the pacbrake Controller? The pacbrake will then use a different aux switch, and with the diaode or relay, it won't turn on whenever I use the compressor aux switch to power just the compressor?
No i mean to the pump trigger wires the pac brake controller just run that off an ign source for the power in wires and the power out go to the arb trigger wires

dave41079

Reaction score
Thank you. Whenever you turn on the arb with the aux switch, does it run if there is no deman from it?
I used mine for on board air for my 4Runner. It would only cycle if there was a demand for me, but I didn't use it frequently.

TheRAMadaINN

Reaction score
I have an arb twinair that is controlled from one aux switch. I'm not 100% familiar with the pacbrake controller.

The twinair wiring harness has 2 fused power leads that go directly to your battery. It has a separate control wire that you wire to your aux switch to turn on and off the compressor. The compressor has a pressure switch. With your aux switch on, the pressure switch will turn on and off the compressor based on how much pressure it senses in the connected air system. For example, it will turn on when it falls below 85psi, and will turn off once it reaches 135psi.

I would think it's ok to use one aux switch to control the pacbrake and the arb. My assumption is the pacbrake would keep all valves/solenoids normally closed. I would think once the pacbrake is booted up, it will read pressures and start filling or deflating bags based on your last setting. The arb would then cycle as needed to maintain pressure in the system.

Your aux switch can be programmed so that it can work only when ignition is on, or anytime (meaning it will stay on anytime you turn it on). It can also be latched (press once to turn on or off) or momentary (only on while switch is pressed).

Steverin06

Reaction score
Thank y'all for the replies. I ended up going with the ARB on aux 1, pacbrake on aux 2. Works perfectly just as y'all described.

Users who are viewing this thread