Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On board air?

kkerley

Reaction score
Have a 3500 srw 6.4 which should be delivered in a few weeks. It will be used as a daily driver but also to tow a 2+1 gooseneck horse trailer most weekends from April to October. Obviously the tires need to be inflated properly for towing but on the weekend where we drop the trailer I would still like a comfortable ride in between coming and going home so plan to air down to unloaded pressures. Had previously planned to just throw a compressor in the trailer and find somewhere to air up but having seen many of the on board setups I am intrigued and jealous. Most of the on boards seem to be for off-roading air downs and ups, we won’t be off-roading. Do you think the on board systems would be appropriate for my application? Airing down to 40-50 psi after dropping the trailer and then back to loaded pressures before going home. I like the ARB dual setup and would plan on placing it in the ram box for ease of access but I am fully open to others suggestions or opinions.

Wobly

Reaction score
I inflated my 35's from 20 psi to 40 psi at the same time in 6 minutes.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

kkerley

Reaction score
Don’t like the no warranty but as most said the warranty on the others run out quickly. For the price that is a very tempting piece of equipment, thanks for the suggestion, it’s on the short list.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
For what you are doing keep the tires at 60-65 and you will be great no need to air up and down

Users who are viewing this thread