Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oil pan torque

smh310

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the torque spec is for securing the oil pan to the motor? I'm leaking a few drops of oil every time I shut the engine off. The drip comes from two spots - one on the front and one on the back of the pan. Has anyone had this problem or know if it's leaking from somewhere else?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the torque spec is for securing the oil pan to the motor? I'm leaking a few drops of oil every time I shut the engine off. The drip comes from two spots - one on the front and one on the back of the pan. Has anyone had this problem or know if it's leaking from somewhere else?
22ft lbs if i remember right, are you sure its not running down from the crank seals?

smh310

Reaction score
I'm not sure. Is it something I should worry about as long as I keep an eye on my oil levels? My 22 is on order and was hoping i could just wait it out.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Is it something I should worry about as long as I keep an eye on my oil levels? My 22 is on order and was hoping i could just wait it out.
I would not worry im sure its minimal loss you have a truck on order thats the dealers issue once you trade it in lol

fuchsroehre

Reaction score
attached. Tech authority- highly recommended, buy a 3 day subscription and copy all you need/ can think of during that time.

Attachments

• torque_specs.pdf
    849.5 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread