Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil lab results

Bigtuna

Reaction score
Hey Gang!

I’ve been getting into the weeds with my motor oils. So I decided to get a black stone labs report for the oil in my 2022 6.7 (SO). This was taken before the third oil change using a sample cup and suction draw pump. Just curious if any of the pros have a comment on the viscosity? The mileage was a mix of country driving, a I5 trip to San Diego for tuna fishing and local towing about 12-14k.

Thanks all!
IMG_6343.jpeg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
All these reports i have seen 10/30 seems awfully thin

firemansdiesel

Reaction score
I'm switching to a different brand of 10-30. I plan on testing it at at 9K again. Will post once the results are obtained.
For reference. This is my recent first oil anaylist with Amsoil 10/30 ADN.

Attachments

• 22 RAM 2500-240321.pdf
    169.1 KB · Views: 35

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I have been working lots and overseas. The report did not come with a TBN number. :oops:

I recommend always getting TBN, otherwise you really don’t know how much life is left in the oil. On a healthy engine TBN will often be your limiting factor on oil life.

Since you switched to Amsoil I also recommend switching to OAI testing. It’s who both Cummins and Amsoil recommend using.

Bigtuna

Reaction score
I recommend always getting TBN, otherwise you really don’t know how much life is left in the oil. On a healthy engine TBN will often be your limiting factor on oil life.

Since you switched to Amsoil I also recommend switching to OAI testing. It’s who both Cummins and Amsoil recommend using.

I did a fair share of research on synthetics and Amsoil and learned some things. I’m impressed with the company and the quality of thier oils.

Are you running 4x or 6x diesel amsoil?

I probably forgot to check the TBN block on the form but will remember next time.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I did a fair share of research on synthetics and Amsoil and learned some things. I’m impressed with the company and the quality of thier oils.

I’ve really only ever ran Amsoil, but it’s always tested me well in all my rigs.
Are you running 4x or 6x diesel amsoil?

I’m using the 4x 5w-40 ADO. I can’t convince myself the 6x DEO is worth the added cost when Ram/Cummins rates these engines at 12mo/15K miles/500hrs on any off the shelf cheap oil.
I probably forgot to check the TBN block on the form but will remember next time.
It’s an added cost that isn’t included in the standard Blackstone kit.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’ve really only ever ran Amsoil, but it’s always tested me well in all my rigs.

I’m using the 4x 5w-40 ADO. I can’t convince myself the 6x DEO is worth the added cost when Ram/Cummins rates these engines at 12mo/15K miles/500hrs on any off the shelf cheap oil.

It’s an added cost that isn’t included in the standard Blackstone kit.
I have started to use amsoil more and more since its a great priced shipped to my door and really great oil

Users who are viewing this thread