Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil Change Ramps

steve49

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a good quality ramp for doing oil changes on my 2500 CTD? With the ground clearance I can get under it, but would be nice to have a little more height to work in. I have ramps (4) seen in the photo, but there pretty old and the paper tags are worn off, so have no idea of the actual weight capacity. They're good quality/solid and have used them on my previous 1/2 ton trucks, I suppose I could weld some additional bracing on them. Most all the stuff seen doing a search are now a platic type.

Ramp.jpg

Units

Reaction score
I’ve bought a pair of rhino ramps for my truck, they’re the heavy duty type. Haven’t used them yet but they’re pretty substantial. I’d feel leary rigging up your old steel ramps with bracing and getting under your truck.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I bought a treated 4"x6"x8' board and cut it into four 2' pieces.
It works great, the extra 4" gives me oil change room and all four wheels up keeps the truck level.
I once had a ramp collapse, will never use them again.

steve49

Reaction score
No Mrs. to deal with, and no more spending on those type of mods, leaving it stock! I do have several hoists available at a friend shop, but its 18-20 miles away, and I'm welcome to use it anytime. He just retired and has everything needed for any job! It's not hard to do at home in the garage, just would be nice to have a little more room getting around under it. Serviced it today, but I may try four of the Rhino ramps in the future. :)

Riddick

Reaction score
On my first oil change I used a set of rhino ramps and they worked fine. However, as @H3LZSN1P3R stated all of my oil did not drain out of the pan. On my last change I was able to get under the truck with a 5 gallon bucket and I was able to access everything without using any ramps. My truck does have Thuren 1" coils but I don't think this made much of a difference.

Darkside

Reaction score
I’ve bought a pair of rhino ramps for my truck, they’re the heavy duty type. Haven’t used them yet but they’re pretty substantial. I’d feel leary rigging up your old steel ramps with bracing and getting under your truck.
I have 2 sets of the Rhino ramps, rating is 12,000 lbs a set, great ramps, just wish they were a little taller…

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
I bailed on the ramps and bought a set of these.

I don't need to raise the truck anymore than necessary and it's rock solid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240424_134519_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_134519_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 43

Users who are viewing this thread