Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil change coupon question?

Alligator John

Reaction score
My truck is in for an oil change and replacing washer nozzles under warranty at my local dealer. When I presented a coupon I got off the mopar site under my dashboard login I was told I probably would not be able to use it because it provides for 6 quarts and my truck takes 7.

Is that normal to deny these coupons? I am pretty sure there should just be an extra charge for the additional quart?

Screenshot_20240326_105347_Chrome.jpg

Tell3131

Reaction score
They normally take them and then just charge you for the extra oil on top of the 2 for $130. Or just go buy an extra quart of oil from their parts department and then take it to them. lol

Alligator John

Reaction score
It got sorted out.
Initially set up by text to be denied because the coupon was for 6 qts and my truck calls for 7.
Sent picture of coupon for them to read the first line "may cost extra for...hemi" and to bill me for the 7th quart.
Before I got there they had taken something like $20 off my bill without using the coupon.
I came in with a stack of 4 different coupons printed from my mopar dashboard and the dealer website that possibly could be applied. 15% off, 10% off, $20 off, and Two for $130 were my options.
Presented the $130 for two oil changes from mopar and get the deer in the headlights look. I don't think they had seen it before.
Was asked if my Power Wagon was a diesel and had to explain that is not possible because a diesel has an intercooler where the winch is.
Higher up the chain came in and was told coupon is for a diesel. I have them read the first line of coupon again.
Was told that my coupon was from a pre paid plan so I told them I can show it assigned to my vin on my mopar dashboard as a coupon and start to pull it up.
Deer in headlights again with no comment and walks off before I get the coupon pulled up on phone, Original person I was dealing with said he would take care of it.
Coupon used. Bill for two oil changes now less than the bill was for one oil change.
I explained I did tire rotation and was billed full price, but had presented a $5 off mopar coupon.
Buuuut, had now found the dealer website had a coupon all along that would equate $10 off tire rotation.
Bill fixed and paid.
Proud of myself for keeping my exposure with a smile and thanked them for their time.
Everything else before now with a Jeep and a Power Wagon at this service dept has always been above and beyond so this was disappointing.
I went through my bill and did find they at least did not charge me for the extra quart of oil.

Last edited:

Alligator John

Reaction score
I did. The oil change was done in advance over a week ago before the coupon mess today. I had it in for a few things. A recall, warranty fob replacement, replace washer pump and nozzles that never worked right from day one, and the oil change. I took the truck back from them for a week in the middle of all that for a road trip but did not pay for the oil change until today.

Users who are viewing this thread