Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Road Capability

2fortheroad

Reaction score
We just bought a 2019 Ram 2500 6.4L V8 Hemi 4x4 primarily for the purpose of towing a 34' travel trailer. Don't think it is equipped with the off-road package. Just wondering how it might do in moderate off-road conditions, nothing sketchy or crazy, but conditions requiring 4x4 capabilities, like higher clearance, loose dirt or sand, above average incline, etc. Anyone with experience or suggestions as to whether we should venture off road with it?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I've ran mine all over Colorado passes, Lincoln forest in New Mexico. it's always performed very well.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Your biggest problem if any will be the huge size of the vehicle and long wheel base. As long as you're mindful of those factors it should perform great.

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Suspension is very stiff for a truck. Go very slow over anything off-road and you should be fine. Upgrading the tires is usually a requirement to go off-road as well.

jsalbre

Reaction score
The best improvement I found for off-roading was replacing the front sway bar with a Thuren. It drastically reduces the side to side ”head toss” and improves comfort on road over bumps as well.

In all my years off-roading it may be the single biggest improvement I’ve seen from one mod.

Users who are viewing this thread