Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM rear bed step

wrvond

Reaction score
I’d like to confirm that 82215842AH is the correct part number to fit my ‘23 2500.
Also, I’ve noticed that number returns bed steps for 1500s at a significantly lower price. I assume that would fit as well, correct?

edit: moparpartsonline.com indicates this is the correct OEM part number so I've ordered.

Last edited:

UglyViking

Reaction score
I haven't looked up the numbers, but the 1500 has quite different frame and bumper mounts, so I'd assume it wouldn't fit.

wrvond

Reaction score
I haven't looked up the numbers, but the 1500 has quite different frame and bumper mounts, so I'd assume it wouldn't fit.
No doubt. As attractive as the non-OEM prices are I bit the bullet and went with the “guaranteed to fit” option.

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve had OEM and Amp’s steps on my trucks. I like them both, so I’d buy the cheaper one of the two.

Ramsomair

Reaction score
I took the AMP one off my work truck and put it on my personal truck. Now I wish I had it back on my work truck lol.

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
I’d like to confirm that 82215842AH is the correct part number to fit my ‘23 2500.
Also, I’ve noticed that number returns bed steps for 1500s at a significantly lower price. I assume that would fit as well, correct?

edit: moparpartsonline.com indicates this is the correct OEM part number so I've ordered.
A bit late but that’s the correct one. It has the updated bracket/brace.

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1933.jpeg
    377.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1932.jpeg
    IMG_1932.jpeg
    523.1 KB · Views: 36

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
just for my .02 I installed the oem step same part number you listed on my truck fitment was perfect i love the step. I installed an amazon step on my dads truck and it took a little work to fit right, quality was noticeably lower, cheap hardware, had to tweak it to get all the bolts lined up, had to trim the plastic on the rear bumper for it to close properly.. overall it works but i like the oem better. i picked my oem step up brand new off ebay for only $30 more than the amazon model. I am not a fan of the AMP version due to how large the step pad is, it sticks out a bit when closed. the oem tucks up very nicely out of sight.

wrvond

Reaction score
just for my .02 I installed the oem step same part number you listed on my truck fitment was perfect i love the step. I installed an amazon step on my dads truck and it took a little work to fit right, quality was noticeably lower, cheap hardware, had to tweak it to get all the bolts lined up, had to trim the plastic on the rear bumper for it to close properly.. overall it works but i like the oem better. i picked my oem step up brand new off ebay for only $30 more than the amazon model. I am not a fan of the AMP version due to how large the step pad is, it sticks out a bit when closed. the oem tucks up very nicely out of sight.
Great assessment and very much appreciated. Even after finally making a choice, I spend way too much time wondering if I made the best one.

wrvond

Reaction score
The bed step arrived today and I just finished installing it. It went in easily enough.
The step is invisible from the rear and only the tab is visible from the side.
Useful information for installation:
1. the bolts that need to be removed require 24 and 15mm sockets or wrenches
2. the new bolts require 21, 16 and 13mm sockets
3. only finger tighten all the bolts then torque in the order specified in the installation instructions (the two 16mm bolts first, then the 13mm bolt and finally the big 21mm bolt)

I'll admit that at first I thought it was a rather lame solution for bed access, but now that I've used it I have to say I like it much better than the Ford tailgate step and the GM bumper step or tailgate step. It's a clean, easy to use, unobtrusive device that provides access to the bed with the tailgate up or down.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
OEM…Used mine a couple of times before putting on a shell, it was cool. It has taken some shots in the field, still works.

Users who are viewing this thread