Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM 18 inch firestone transforce and steering pull to the right

rudyyoko

Reaction score
When i bought my 2022 ram 2500, new from the dealer, I noticed the truck pulled to the right more than I was used to seeing in my previous trucks. Plus I noticed my tpms were always fluctating more than I had ever seen on a truck with tpms sensors. At about 21k miles I started to notice that one of my tires had a very slow leak. My truck came with the 275/70R18 transforce tires. I decided to replace all four tires with some 275/70 R18 E 125 Goodyear wrangler workhorse AT. After I had my new tires installed, I immediately noticed the steering felt much more responsive and the steering wheel had very little pull to the right. There was some, but not like before with the oem tires. I also watched the tpms sensors to see if the slow leak was a sensor malfunction verses the original tire. For the very first time since new, the tire pressure on all four tires was constant and variance in the sensor numbers always stayed close to each other in value. I guess the original tires were worse than I thought. I am so glad one of the original tires developed a slow leak. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced something similar.

Firebird

Reaction score
The Transforce tires are horrible. I swapped mine out as well, but still had a slight right pull. Took it to the alignment shop, and now all is good

slowindown

Reaction score
My 22 single rear wheel 3500also pulls to right. I took it to alignment shop. According to the shop, adjustment changes the ride height on the front corners. To make it go perfectly straight there was a 3/4-1” difference. So i compromised at 1/2”, which isn’t noticeable but still has a very slight/minor pull to the right. I’m still on the transforce tires.

phatboy64

Reaction score
My 22 single rear wheel 3500also pulls to right. I took it to alignment shop. According to the shop, adjustment changes the ride height on the front corners. To make it go perfectly straight there was a 3/4-1” difference. So i compromised at 1/2”, which isn’t noticeable but still has a very slight/minor pull to the right. I’m still on the transforce tires.
Intresting...How does adjusting the Toe or Caster change the ride height by 1"

slowindown

Reaction score
Intresting...How does adjusting the Toe or Caster change the ride height by 1"
Dunno. That’s what the guy at the shop said. He said it was different from my other dodge truck which is an 07.

jsalbre

Reaction score
The HD front axle has some cross-caster built into the mounts. If a shop tries to adjust it all out you'll end up with a truck that sits crooked.

phatboy64

Reaction score
Sorry. Should have said correct . But you are spot on.

jebruns

Reaction score
I thought my new 22 2500 needed alignment at first too. I knew I was getting rid of the Firestones though, so waited until I did that (at 1000 miles) to revaluate. The Michelin LTX's corrected the issue. I did not have any noticeable leaks in the Transforce tires, but I didn't own them long.

Users who are viewing this thread