Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now the drivers seat will not move!

BigBlack

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the 2019s on the drivers side electric seat. The knobs will not move my seat back and forth for adjustments. My wife drove my truck last and she is short. So of coarse the seat is all the way up to the steering wheel and now I can’t even drive it!!!! Pisses me off.

g00fy

Reaction score
Blown fuse? Maybe a loose connection under the seat that got knocked loose when it was slid all the way forward? Idk much about the inside of the seat, if there's more than 1 motor or not, but I would think if it's totally dead, it's lost power for some reason and those are the first 2 places i'd look.

BigBlack

Reaction score
it happened early in morning while leaving for work so didn’t troubleshoot it. Thanks for the info. I’ll look this afternoon.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the 2019s on the drivers side electric seat. The knobs will not move my seat back and forth for adjustments. My wife drove my truck last and she is short. So of coarse the seat is all the way up to the steering wheel and now I can’t even drive it!!!! Pisses me off.

I apologize for the trouble, @BigBlack. Should you need to address this with your dealer, our team is just a PM away and more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for further support through that process.

Mark
RamCares

jpidgie

Reaction score
@BigBlack - I had a similar issue with my '16. Found that after my wife drove it, she also moved the seat all the way forward. Somehow, this caused a wiring harness to be be pulled from its support point, and had been eaten by the track. Mine was on the outside of the seat, and I could see it by looking from the front of the seat, back. I was able to free it, taped up the bare copper, and tied the harness away from the track. That fixed that from ever happening again. I was freaking out too, because my truck was of course right in the middle of the driveway, and 3 cars were in there waiting to go to school and work. That was an intense morning :) good luck!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
@BigBlack - I had a similar issue with my '16. Found that after my wife drove it, she also moved the seat all the way forward. Somehow, this caused a wiring harness to be be pulled from its support point, and had been eaten by the track. Mine was on the outside of the seat, and I could see it by looking from the front of the seat, back. I was able to free it, taped up the bare copper, and tied the harness away from the track. That fixed that from ever happening again. I was freaking out too, because my truck was of course right in the middle of the driveway, and 3 cars were in there waiting to go to school and work. That was an intense morning :) good luck!

Same happened to be with a Durango work vehicle... some short guy drove it and when he pulled the seat all the way up, the harness disconnected..

Distillusion

Reaction score
Saw this on a Chevy once, too. It wasn't really a bad design, there was plenty of length in the wiring harness. The real cause was just that the mounting clip was stuck onto the harness slightly too close to the end. 1/4 inch further back would have been fine. I sorta chalked that up to auto worker "oops" and it was super easy to fix.

BigBlack

Reaction score
Well, I ohmed out the fuse for the seat controls and reseated back in and what do you know, it works again. I’m thinking the motor may be going intermittent. It’s going in the shop for a electronic throttle control light I have on dash, remote start works but truck turns off after about 10 seconds, and getting all recalls up to date. Hopefully the seat motor gets replaced or at least fails while in the shop, I’ll update when I get it back.

Dakrt23

Reaction score
I had this exact problem down to the girl driving it and getting it stuck in the forward position. First trip to dealer I got it back and hit the recall button out of habit and it worked .. didn’t notice the seat controls weren’t working for another few days so went back they had it three weeks to ultimately replace the entire drivers seat track assembly. I guess there are a lot of electronics integrated into the track. No problems since,

jpidgie

Reaction score
Although this doesn't address the exact problem, I thought it would be informative to share my last experience with my drivers seat motor(s):

All of a sudden, my memory settings and easy out setting ceased to work, when the truck was shut off, the seat wouldn't go back. After searching through some online sites, I found that the reset procedure was similar to the auto-up & auto-down setting on the windows. If something prevents the seat from moving back when the truck is turned off (cases of beer was my issue), the memory and auto functions stop working. To resolve, make sure nothing is blocking the full back and forth movement of the seat, and while standing outside the vehicle, move the seat back and forth a few times to its full stop positions. Once you do this, the memory functions & auto settings should return.

BigBlack

Reaction score
Well nothing found on the seat besides that it’s working before and after it went into the dealership. They did all the recalls on it it got rid of my tire sensor light, electronic throttle control light, and remote start now works.

Users who are viewing this thread