Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a recall but almost

unclelala

Reaction score
I received this letter from Stellantis through my dealer. It states that because of chip shortages I did not receive a HD emissions chip. Well that was back in Sept and I have not received an update or a proper recall.
Has anyone received this letter ?

Attachments

• Stellantis Pending Ram HD Emissions Recall (1).pdf
    36.3 KB · Views: 88

Will_T

Reaction score
I received this letter from Stellantis through my dealer. It states that because of chip shortages I did not receive a HD emissions chip. Well that was back in Sept and I have not received an update or a proper recall.
Has anyone received this letter ?
Looks like in order to sell the trucks they had to agree that, once the fix is available, dealers will not be able to do anything to the ECM unless they first install the chip. As long as things are working well with the rest of the truck, I would be happy without this chip, I think. One less thing to go wrong and threaten to or put you in limp mode while 150 miles from the nearest town. People in the eastern 1/2 of the country may not get that concern, but here in the west it is common to be camping that far or further from the nearest dealer. What a nightmare it is to think about an emissions code when in the middle of the remote desert. I understand you want to know if there is an issue, and I would get it fixed, but it is the limp mode part of it that is scary.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Mine has never read above 0. But it is an early 2020 built before the chip fiasco.

unclelala

Reaction score
Mine is on zero most of the time but twice during its 1300 miles it has gone to just below 50% then done a regen and returned to zero.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I kept the evic on that screen, and for the 10k miles it was relevant, it showed nothing but zero. I was it's biggest fan to see something. even just prior to regens, goose egg!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
In 41,000km i have only once seen it go to 1/8 then promptly went back to 0 when i hammered the throttle a few times… i always kept it on that screen hoping to see something to know it worked now i keep it on the multi info page for the 4 temp/pressure sensors

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I do have a heavy foot. I love the insta-torque.. what can I say. that may have certainly been a part of it never showing anything.

Will_T

Reaction score
I do have a heavy foot. I love the insta-torque.. what can I say. that may have certainly been a part of it never showing anything.
And I probably have the opposite of a heavy foot. Sometimes when towing our TT, I have to remind myself to give it a good nudge on an on ramp or up a hill just to keep the engine happy. :rolleyes: I have checked mine many times, including right before a couple of regens and always zero.

unclelala

Reaction score
And I probably have the opposite of a heavy foot. Sometimes when towing our TT, I have to remind myself to give it a good nudge on an on ramp or up a hill just to keep the engine happy. :rolleyes: I have checked mine many times, including right before a couple of regens and always zero.
I'm wondering if I'm getting the higher reading (near 50%) because Im missing the chip. No one else seems to have received this PDF from Ram and no one seems to be getting the same higher percent number on their gauge

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I dony think so. if you look back on the '19 and '20 threads across forums, its a toss up on who sees what. there's actually quite a bit of rhetoric around the underlying dummy intelligence that manages regen activities.

Users who are viewing this thread