Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Wireless Android Auto Seems Kind of Pointless (Waze)

R.J.

Reaction score
So your truck comes with this nice wireless charger dock, but to use Waze or any other useful android auto app, the phone must be physically plugged in via USB.

I really wish they would expedite Uconnect5.

Frank

Reaction score
Is there a vehicle on the market that runs AA wirelessly? I just assumed it was a bluetooth limitation, and if not then a choice by AA Devs. Vehicle manufacturers can only work with the standards provided, which is why AA and Car Play can't go full screen on a portrait oriented screen like the 12.1 inch.

I do have a gripe that the cell phone holder, wireless charging or not, is too short. My phone rests against the bottom of the button panel.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
the upper echelon mfg's have wireless aa and cp. takes a while to trickle down :D

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
As do many aftermarket rigs.

I believe it's been reported UConnect5 will have wireless AA (not sure I read Carplay but probably)

There's also aftermarket plug in's that can do wireless. Someone posted here recently they added a wireless Carplay box.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Pioneer has head units that do wireless AA. Wireless AA uses WiFi to overcome the bandwidth issues with Bluetooth.
Hhmmm...hoping the wireless security is better than the rest of the vehicle's communications is.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My phone charges through the otter box defender no problem
When wireless devices work through my OtterBox cases, I'll consider one.

Works with my Otterbox Commuter, just have to jam the damn thing down in there, then it wants to peel the bottom of the case off when extracting it. I can lay it landscape, but that doesn't help either. As stated many times before, I prefer to have mine mounted up on the dash where I can see it.

R.J.

Reaction score
Same charges fine with Otterbox Defneder.

Just a note, the wireless charger doesn't function when the driver door is open. Drove me bananas.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Same charges fine with Otterbox Defneder.

Just a note, the wireless charger doesn't function when the driver door is open. Drove me bananas.
Strange. But good to know. The wireless charging pad is one of the few things my Laramie doesn't have. I have thought about adding it. I might just go with an aftermarket solution.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
okay, i just got this in the mail. super easy to install and get on the wire.

20210604_135444.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread