Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noisy drivers seat.

housedrx

Reaction score
Has anyone got a drivers seat that pops and clunks? Mine can be heard and felt and is very annoying. Dealer has replaced the seat frame once which stopped the problem for 2 months now its back. Ram said to replace the frame again.

jkbrereton

Reaction score
Sounds like a loose bolt somewhere

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

housedrx

Reaction score
Nope. As weight shifts it make the noise. I checked the bolts. It was fixed for 2 months then came back

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
We had the same issue happen at some point in my wife's Durango. It would happen whenever you'd turn sharp enough to shift the drivers weight in the seat.

After removing and pretty much completely disassembling the seat frame, I found there was enough slop where the rear cross bar was connected (circled in the attached), that side-to-side play resulted in the popping.

Sadly, my only remedy was to replace it, but in our case the issue has not come back and it's been about 2 years now.

Seat.PNG

We never did figure out the root cause, but had two guesses. 1 - when my wife was nearly run off the road by a distracted driver, she hit a curb. It was bad enough to knock the upper control arm loose, so could have potentially caused the seat frame to break. 2 - one of the two times we've let someone else drive it (recall fixes), that someone did something funky.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
Has anyone got a drivers seat that pops and clunks? Mine can be heard and felt and is very annoying. Dealer has replaced the seat frame once which stopped the problem for 2 months now its back. Ram said to replace the frame again.
Mine pops and clunks. I hate going to the dealer, so I have yet to take it in for that. I have a small laundry list of things to get done, so I should schedule a trip soon.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Nope. As weight shifts it make the noise. I checked the bolts. It was fixed for 2 months then came back

Mine pops and clunks. I hate going to the dealer, so I have yet to take it in for that. I have a small laundry list of things to get done, so I should schedule a trip soon.

Hi @MEZZ2006 & @housedrx ,

We're terribly sorry to hear about the clunking noises you're experiencing with your seat. If you'd like an additional layer of support while working alongside your Ram dealers to get this addressed, please do not hesitate to send our @RamCares team a private message! We'd be more than willing to investigate your situations further. Thanks a ton!

Courtney
Ram Cares

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
There is a noise coming from my passenger seat occasionally.

Sometimes sounds like a whine, Sometimes louder, sometimes softer.

I only notice it when my wife is in the truck with me.

hope you figure your noise out.

KLSU

Reaction score
YES! I had mine replaced at about 6,500 miles and has been good since.

Users who are viewing this thread