Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No power to power center console endcap swap?

Catmechanic

Reaction score
I've searched about every way I can think of, including other sites but can't find the info I'm looking for. I also read through the console swap threads without luck (though perhaps someone who has done the swap might be able to shed some light). My new CCSB 6.7 Bighorn should be here this week. It has the center console without the USB/110v power to the back seat area. Our daughter plays competitive soccer and we drive to lots of out of state games/tournaments so I would like to swap the endcap to add the power sources so she has power for her devices. Can anyone tell me if the connectors to plug into the USB/110v outlets are there inside the console or is there a separate harness I need?

Here is a link to the diagram showing part numbers (I assume the cheaper one is without the outlets and the more expensive one has power).

And here are a couple of pictures showing what I have vs what I want. Without power (have):

without power.png

With power (want):
with power.png

Catmechanic

Reaction score
I guess if any of you guys who have had the console out can tell me how the back piece comes off, that would be helpful as well.

g00fy

Reaction score
Ohh I like that endcap with power, i wonder if i can do a swap like that even though i have a bench seat.

Rogue 2500

Reaction score
I was able to get the bottom of the rear console out, but it was still attached on the top. The bottom unclipped enough to swap the wiring harness. I was not able to get the top part off, I think it was due to the console lid. I may be helpful to remove the lid. The pictures I had seen makes me think there are clips all the way around. I was very cautious not to break anything.

Then you would have the wiring. You might need a new harness with the USB/power option. I did the swap from jump seat to console and needed the harness for the console. I still have not got the rear USB ports to work. I believe they need power and I think it is missing in my case. There is a H connector in the front of the harness attaches. I believe the Jump seat wiring and console different. I still need to get my hands on the wiring diagrams to figure it out.

I know this is not a direct reply, but I hope this gives you some insight into the process.

full console diagram.jpg

jsalbre

Reaction score
I guess if any of you guys who have had the console out can tell me how the back piece comes off, that would be helpful as well.

Does your truck already have the inverter?

Unfortunately if you don’t then just swapping the back plate will give you a useless 120 outlet.

I don’t know what would be involved in installing the OEM inverter.

If all you’re looking for this the USB outlets, then carry on.

Catmechanic

Reaction score
I assume that it does have the inverter since I have the 110v outlets in the front and I can't see them running two separately. I'm mostly interested in the USB's, and specifically for power. I don't care if they link to the uconnect system.

Mostly just wanting to know what harness I should expect to be inside the console and how it comes apart.

Users who are viewing this thread