Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

" No Nodal" NAV message

Buckrub

Reaction score
Asked this before somewhere......but never got an answer. Can not find any reference to it via search of here or anywhere.

NAV system (which is good) on seemingly odd times will say (voice activated) "NO NODAL". It's usually after it has spoken some kind of Nav turn commands. But it doesn't happen often, and I can't find a real pattern. I've searched everywhere and nothing.

One Geek I know suggested it says that when it is out of Cell Range. I have no idea why it would do that, nor if that's true. If so, it doesn't say it every time I'm out of cell range. No idea what it means, or why it says it.

Any ideas?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Last time you brought this up we asked for a recording. We’re not likely to be able to figure out what you’re hearing without that.

I know it’s going to be very difficult to to get, but I’m not sure how else we can help.

Buckrub

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. Well, since it's random and since I don't use NAV unless on a 'trip', it would be impossible to get. It's the same woman's voice that gives upcoming turn directions. Is there some RAM Corporate "Question Box" site somewhere? It's more than odd that I'm the only swinging yahoo with this! LOL

jsalbre

Reaction score
I’m sure others are hearing it, but I’d bet it’s like song lyrics: sometimes you don’t realize what they’re actually saying until someone tells you, then it’s obvious.

You could probably send in an email, but I’m not sure who’d really be able to help.

Good luck!

Buckrub

Reaction score
OK, I'm revisiting this. I am still getting this message on the display when using NAV. It gives an oral message about navigation then says "NO NODAL", plain as day. Woman's voice. I have tried in vain to go to Tom Tom website and contact support. I've created an account, logged in, and any attempt to contact support past there results in "You need to be logged in to contact support". It's a huge circle. There are no numbers to call for Ram Uconnect support. NO ONE ELSE I can find on this earth is having this message.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I asked Microsoft Copilot and here was one of the responses.

• When a GPS device cannot receive signals from enough satellites to accurately determine its position, it may display messages like “no signal,” “no fix,” or “no nodal.”
Since you mention you only use nav while on a trip, it sounds like that geek you mentioned that you know may have been pretty close in their assessment, but it isn't cell range, just not good positioning in regards to the GPS satellites.

Buckrub

Reaction score
Well, thanks! Makes sense! But sorta makes me wonder "why". I can turn on my GPS Essentials app on my phone and it'll say it is hitting 13 satellites, and this thing still says NO NODAL. Gotta be a weakness of the unit, right? I guess Tom Tom was a lot cheaper than Garmin, eh?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
OK, I'm revisiting this. I am still getting this message on the display when using NAV. It gives an oral message about navigation then says "NO NODAL", plain as day. Woman's voice. I have tried in vain to go to Tom Tom website and contact support. I've created an account, logged in, and any attempt to contact support past there results in "You need to be logged in to contact support". It's a huge circle. There are no numbers to call for Ram Uconnect support. NO ONE ELSE I can find on this earth is having this message.
Your outreach is greatly appreciated, Buck. If concerns are present, please private message us with any details of your experience. Our team would like to investigate this matter further. Thanks!

Chris,
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread