Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No front brake pads available!

rangerdanger

Reaction score
I took my 2019 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel with 54k miles in for an oil change and asked them to check the brakes. I got a call about 1 hour later. My front brakes are down to 3/32, so I said go ahead and change them. The response was concerning! They said they would be happy to but there are no front brake pads available. Apparently, there is supposed to be a shipment of 15,000 pads being delivered to Detroit sometime next week. Front pads have not been available for 3 weeks. After they get delivered to Detroit, they will be sent out to dealers. That amounts to another 1-2 weeks before my dealer will have pads. This sucks!!!!

jkbrereton

Reaction score
Holy ****! Might want yo look for a hoopty to drive until thats sorted out

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

sstoner911

Reaction score
Just the fronts are that worn? Seems odd...My brakes on my 2017 looked new after 2 years.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Lots of good aftermarket stuff. Wagner Thermoquiet semi-metallics are a good option.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
1st I wouldn't let the dealer touch anything other than recall items or warranty work.
2nd there are aftermarket parts than meet or exceed OEM specs and often times are cheaper.

rangerdanger

Reaction score
The 2017 had 64k with about 50 % towing...EB is your friend.
Mine is also about 50% towing but I tow about 20k lbs in the twisty mountain roads of the Sierras. The only aftermarket pads i have found after checking with all my local suppliers ( Napa etc.) is Power Stops and I wouldnt put those things on the feet of a rented mule!!

I should also ad that I have a small lift and 35" Toyo Rt's

jetrinka

Reaction score
Anyone find that the brakes on our trucks are dogshit to begin with? My 6.0 stops on a dime with power stops
Mine hauls itself to a stop just fine. One occasion they actually surprised me with how well they worked having to light them up when a deer crossed in front of me going 70.

Users who are viewing this thread