Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Cummins filters to be had

Firebird

Reaction score
My town has no filters at all. Son needed some for his truck, and there are no fuel or oil filters to be had. Dealer, parts houses, zippo, nothing. Thankfully, I had a spare set from Geno's to give him. Just placed an order with Geno's to replace those, and backordered till February.

Let's go Brandon!!!!

Last edited:

steve49

Reaction score
I use Rotella T6 5W40 oil and it's tough to find plus the price has gone crazy! I get my filters from dieselfiltersonline.com and found their pricing to be very good. The problem with most all vendors though is the $$ shipping fees.

Jcrawford

Reaction score
My town has no filters at all. Son needed some for his truck, and there are no fuel or oil filters to be had. Dealer, parts houses, zippo, nothing. Thankfully, I had a spare set from Geno's to give him. Just placed an order with Geno's to replace those, and backordered till February.

Let's go Brandon!!!!
You might check semi truck repair places if your in a bind, mine had one of the fuel filters and the oil filter. Got lucky and dealer had 3 mopar fuel filters just come in so was able to get the fuel under the bed. Expect fleetgaurd from a semi shop vs mopar.
Fleet guard oil filter # LE16035
Fleet guard engine fuel # FS53000

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
try finding 10w30. I've stashed 6 gallons from amazon, good for the next 30k. it's crazy.

Jcrawford

Reaction score
I use Rotella T6 5W40 oil and it's tough to find plus the price has gone crazy! I get my filters from dieselfiltersonline.com and found their pricing to be very good. The problem with most all vendors though is the $$ shipping fees.
No t6 was around me had to cry when I ponied up for Schaffer’s oil at $39 a gallon

2001WS6

Reaction score

Let's go Brandon!!!!
I ordered fuel filters from Geno's in November. I still dont have them.

3500guy

Reaction score
Oil filters were back ordered with Chrysler Canada until recently. Was at the shop yesterday and noticed a couple of cases on the shelf. Rotella 15 40 is the recommended oil north of the border. I know we finally rec'd a skid of it as well.

Much2fast

Reaction score
I just ordered this off Amazon today, says it will be here tomorrow...guess we will see!

Fleetguard LF16035 Oil Filter for Dodge Ram Cummins Engines Diesel

Highcountry

Reaction score
Does anyone know if fuel filters will be changes as part of the CP4 recall?

Nd79

Reaction score
I've had my filters since this summer luckily but finding Rotella T6 has been near impossible. I always order the filters through Geno's when I do a service so they are on hand by the time the next service comes around, but usually wait to buy the oil.

I was lucky to find a 2.5 gal of Rotella T6 at a NAPA main warehouse deep back on a shelf after the guy at the counter had said they've been waiting on it for a couple months. Great, but I was half a gallon short. So I had to settle on a gallon jug of STP "diesel motor oil" but it matched the 5w-40 of the t6 I found. It'll have to do for this oil change.

Crazy hoops we have to jump through to keep our trucks on the road.

Raidercat

Reaction score
Just received a set of fuel filters from KLM today, couple bucks more than Geno’s not much more. I‘ve not been able to find Rotella anywhere…….was able to get Valvoline Premium Blue 10-30 at Napa monthly special for 14.99 a jug. First oil change I’ve done on this newish truck.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Local Walmart has MO-285 oil filters on the shelf stock.

I've always just kept a stock of oil & Fuel filters and oil on hand, usually enough for 2-3 changes. That said, I only do annual changes. Still have one more that's on the dealer.

Jacob

Reaction score
The easy to order filter kits have been backordered but I recently got all the filters off Amazon. Combination of mopar and fleetguard.

Users who are viewing this thread