Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Ridge Grapplers

deanfx

Reaction score
Best tires IMO, this is probably the fifth set I've had on different trucks.
35x12.50

IMG_1945.jpeg

WXman

Reaction score
You're the minority. Those are the worst tires on the market. They're expensive, loud, heavy, and the foul weather traction is s*it. My brother ran a set and by the time they were half worn they were dangerous on the road. He didn't even want to drive his truck in rain let alone snow. And over the years I have seen countless threads on forums where other guys have shared the same experience with them. They're just plain awful. Nitto tires in general have a hard rubber compound which is why they suck in foul weather. And, they can be hard to balance.

If you think those tires are good, you should try a tire that's good. Put a set of Falken A/T3W or Yokohama X-AT on your truck and it'll blow your mind.

deanfx

Reaction score
You're the minority. Those are the worst tires on the market. They're expensive, loud, heavy, and the foul weather traction is s*it. My brother ran a set and by the time they were half worn they were dangerous on the road. He didn't even want to drive his truck in rain let alone snow. And over the years I have seen countless threads on forums where other guys have shared the same experience with them. They're just plain awful. Nitto tires in general have a hard rubber compound which is why they suck in foul weather. And, they can be hard to balance.

If you think those tires are good, you should try a tire that's good. Put a set of Falken A/T3W or Yokohama X-AT on your truck and it'll blow your mind.
Interesting. Thanks for the insight on these. Never had an issue in snow or anything else. On a side note, Kentucky is beautiful man, I was through there last year and was in floored!

flan

Reaction score
Dang what issue are you seeing?
Wxman post pretty much sums it up. Balance issues, wet traction and 30-35mph harmonics made me wish I went elsewhere. They look pretty dope tho :cool:

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Haven zero issues with my ridge grapplers. My truck rides quieter than my moms Mercedes. I hunt all winter in Idaho, mud, sand, snow, and ice and haven’t had any problems.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Haven zero issues with my ridge grapplers. My truck rides quieter than my moms Mercedes. I hunt all winter in Idaho, mud, sand, snow, and ice and haven’t had any problems.

Indeed..mine are doing fine for what they are and they do get used plenty on and off road.

NC Rebel

Reaction score
I didn't care for the Nitto Ridge grapplers either. I had a set on another truck that never did balance right and wet traction was marginal at best. I won't buy them again.

BigSexy 64

Reaction score
I just put a set of Nitto RGs on my 22 PW. Had BFG KO2s that were showing heavy wear after 15 months and 22K miles. Took it back to Discount Tire they checked the wear on the BFGs and gave me a $900 credit towards a new set of my choice. They suggested Nitto RGs, so thats what I went with. Time will tell, only have 1K miles on them, they balanced good, ride smooth and quite. So far happy with them. AND they look BA!

Attachments

• pw2.jpg
    pw2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • PWrgs.jpg
    PWrgs.jpg
    789.8 KB · Views: 11

deanfx

Reaction score
I wonder if the wet traction issue some are seeing is an over inflation situation.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Mine are fine too, I don't drive my truck in winter times and I need on/off road tires and Nitto RG fits in well

Reaction score

I just got my truck 2023 3500 DRW Limited HO 6.7 and will wait for the OEM to wear out. I did read Falken AT 3W was great tires. 235 80 17 , I am going to try 255 80 17 on stock OEM wheels.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
I just got my truck 2023 3500 DRW Limited HO 6.7 and will wait for the OEM to wear out. I did read Falken AT 3W was great tires. 235 80 17 , I am going to try 255 80 17 on stock OEM wheels.
I was gonna wait but no! The junk tires my truck came with caught some nails, one tire rapidly deflated and was ruined and another was slowly leaking, I swear they would get punctured hitting a porcupine!
Good thing it happened when I was home, I've had an Arctic Ocean trip coming and was glad I've changed them to proper tires otherwise I would have been royally screwed if my tires blew while in that trip. For those who don't know, Dempster Highway that goes to the Arctic Ocean is nearly 600 miles long one way and it's all gravel.

Reaction score
I was gonna wait but no! The junk tires my truck came with caught some nails, one tire rapidly deflated and was ruined and another was slowly leaking, I swear they would get punctured hitting a porcupine!
Good thing it happened when I was home, I've had an Arctic Ocean trip coming and was glad I've changed them to proper tires otherwise I would have been royally screwed if my tires blew while in that trip. For those who don't know, Dempster Highway that goes to the Arctic Ocean is nearly 600 miles long one way and it's all gravel.
What is 35 x 10.5 size tires in metric sizes? I see you have them on your original stock wheels? is that correct? Can I buy them at Discount tire shop? Do you need to lift the truck? Did you change the shocks?

MEGA HO

Reaction score
What is 35 x 10.5 size tires in metric sizes? I see you have them on your original stock wheels? is that correct? Can I buy them at Discount tire shop? Do you need to lift the truck? Did you change the shocks?
I think you wanted to quote @gimmie11s post, correct?
I didn't need to lift nor add anything to run 35s, I went with 12.5 wide and they look awesome but would rub on a front sway bar at full lock in certain situations, 11.5 wouldn't have any rubbing. Mine is a SRW.
To convert to metric size:
10.5" would be the 1st number, in mm. = 266.7mm
35 - 17 (rim size) = 18" /2 = 9" = 228.6mm
228.6 / 266.7 = 85.7%

35x10.5R17 is 265/85R17

Reaction score
I think you wanted to quote @gimmie11s post, correct?
I didn't need to lift nor add anything to run 35s, I went with 12.5 wide and they look awesome but would rub on a front sway bar at full lock in certain situations, 11.5 wouldn't have any rubbing. Mine is a SRW.
To convert to metric size:
10.5" would be the 1st number, in mm. = 266.7mm
35 - 17 (rim size) = 18" /2 = 9" = 228.6mm
228.6 / 266.7 = 85.7%

35x10.5R17 is 265/85R17
Understood. You are good on math. Thank you,
I am still 2 years away before my first tire change, but will be looking for possible two tire sizes.
1 - 255 80 17 - 10" wide x 33" tall
2 - 265 85 17 - 10.5 wide x 35" tall

I do like to stay with 17" stock rim.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Understood. You are good on math. Thank you,
I am still 2 years away before my first tire change, but will be looking for possible two tire sizes.
1 - 255 80 17 - 10" wide x 33" tall
2 - 265 85 17 - 10.5 wide x 35" tall

I do like to stay with 17" stock rim.

Ive never seen a 265/85r17. Closest thing is the 35x10.50's I showed above. But if you know something we don't, please share! Options are a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread