Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New update breaks stuff

pr3dict

Reaction score
Just got an OTA today. The climate control now shows a red/blue bar instead of the temperature. Also the dual zone/passenger side adjustments are completely gone. Even when sync is turned off.

Anyone know of any good changes? Android auto is still not full screen.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Didn't do w reset but have restarted vehicle 3 times since the update this morning...

The steps button is also missing from controls. Probably other stuff as well.

It's version MY23.T27.46-prod

CortexM0

Reaction score
I had similar symptoms after the last update. A reboot (hold power button to shut down, then power back on) fixed it for me.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Do a reboot, it’s not uncommon to need one after a software update.

Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Thanks everyone that seemed to bring it back to a working state.

Anyone know what this update brings?

Tmac

Reaction score
I had an OTA update on March 29, 2024 that only gave me the option to Update Now. Since then I have the same climate control issues mentioned above, but also have a lot more issues, e.g. Android Auto will not work even though I re-paired the phone after the update. The most concerning issue I have is when I go to the Safety & Driving Assistance settings the screen is blank and I know several of its function are now turned off, e.g. Forward Collision Warning. I have probably done at least a half dozen Soft Reboots since the update including 2 today and have had over a dozen key cycles. This is my 4th Ram truck and I have never had problems like this in the past. Any assistance or ideas would be appreciated. If I can't get this resolved I will resort to a Factory Reset.

2023 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited w/Cummings 6.7l

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
After the last update I tried all the reboots etc. I then noticed that some of the missing functions showed up on my wife's profile. I deleted and reinstalled my profile and all is well now.

Tmac

Reaction score
Thanks CJ. I tried deleting my profile and reinstalled it but it didn't work. I performed a Factory Reset and all is working now. I finally have all of the safety features back but now I have to setup Android Auto and my SiriusXM account. Of course I have lost all of my GPS locations, radio presets, and favorite songs/artist. What a pain in the A$$ because of an update that I had no choice but to install.

Firebird

Reaction score
Interesting, mine has never done an OTA update that I'm aware of.

rjmlakota

Reaction score
Same here. I've had my 2023 since Dec and have never been prompted for an update.

Users who are viewing this thread