Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Uconnect 5 Temp reading

mr wayne

Reaction score
For some reason I lost the 2 temp readings in top left and top right corners. All it has now is a lil temp icon on top left corner. How do I get the 2 temp readings back? Thanks

CharlieL

Reaction score
Use the settings. Arrow down through the menu with the left side steering wheel buttons. In settings you can change any of th four corners and the two outer in the middle.To set these, you have to be stopped.

mr wayne

Reaction score
Use the settings. Arrow down through the menu with the left side steering wheel buttons. In settings you can change any of th four corners and the two outer in the middle.To set these, you have to be stopped.
I am talking about the radio. Sorry I didn't say that. Thanks

EJP

Reaction score
I am talking about the radio. Sorry I didn't say that. Thanks
It's an issue with mine too. If you go into settings and scroll to radio reset you can get them back. mine will stay on for about a day before having to do it again. Dealer has no idea why it does this along with also going completely blank and locking all functions. System is running the most current software too.

mr wayne

Reaction score
It's an issue with mine too. If you go into settings and scroll to radio reset you can get them back. mine will stay on for about a day before having to do it again. Dealer has no idea why it does this along with also going completely blank and locking all functions. System is running the most current software too.
Thanks Next day at start up it was back to normal. Yesterday carplay dissapeared. Today its back. Gremlins I guess.

Chris85xlt

Reaction score
i made a post about the same problem in the 4.5 Uconnect system under the 8.4.

Ive been talking to Ram Care for sometime now and have a case # on it. So far no fix, but there was an update last week S21C.6 that was done over the air. Its not exactly the fix i was hoping for but a step forward i guess. I noticed with the new update, and with the temperature icons missing, when i make temperature adjustments with the physical knob, a temp# icon momentarily appears and disappears at the top right corner.

Aside from the missing left/right corner temperature display in the upper status bar, im also missing the seats and steering wheel heater icons. i can bring all the icons back by changing the background Theme, but next day those icons will be missing again.

snayte

Reaction score
Have you tried turning the HVAC off and back on?

Chris85xlt

Reaction score
Have you tried turning the HVAC off and back on?
nope, doesnt make any differernce for me. i can reboot (press and hold the 2 knobs in) and the icons still missing. I bring the icons back by either changing the Profile or the Theme.

EJP

Reaction score
Mine has actually gotten worse since the last update (s21C.6) it has become very laggy when its on for any length of time, I'll do a soft reset through the settings app and it will fix the problem for a few hours. Of course the soft reset only works if my screen is functional many times it goes blank and I have no control over any functions. Very disappointed in this system, the 12" screen in my '19 1500 was flawless and much more user friendly.

Menacer

Reaction score
I have the same problem with mine. If i swap between any 2 themes it will come back. I need to do it every morning.

Chris85xlt

Reaction score
Ram Care emailed me saying they are aware of the problem and hopefully have it resolved by first quarter.
i got an over the air update on the 24th but havent noticed anything different.

So far ive gotten used to not seeing the icons since i rather press the physcial buttons for seat/steering wheel heaters anyways. Also when i manually turn the temperture knob, the interior temp number will momentarily pop up in the corner of the screen

Menacer

Reaction score
Ram Care emailed me saying they are aware of the problem and hopefully have it resolved by first quarter.
i got an over the air update on the 24th but havent noticed anything different.

So far ive gotten used to not seeing the icons since i rather press the physcial buttons for seat/steering wheel heaters anyways. Also when i manually turn the temperture knob, the interior temp number will momentarily pop up in the corner of the screen
Well past the 1st quarter. Anyone have any word on this. I had an update about a month or 2 ago but still same problems.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Well past the 1st quarter. Anyone have any word on this. I had an update about a month or 2 ago but still same problems.
Have you verified if you have the latest version? Maybe try a factory reset.

Attachments

• 20220725_121923.jpg
    20220725_121923.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220725_121930.jpg
    20220725_121930.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 17

Menacer

Reaction score
It is the correct version. I will give the reset a shot later today. Was this firmware update supposed to fix this issue?

higgysmalls

Reaction score
My 2022 Limited 1500 had this problem every day. My 2022 Limited 3500 has yet to have the problem. I found that if you go into settings and change the Theme and then change it back if you want, it will reappear and work fine for about 24 hours.

Menacer

Reaction score
My 2022 Limited 1500 had this problem every day. My 2022 Limited 3500 has yet to have the problem. I found that if you go into settings and change the Theme and then change it back if you want, it will reappear and work fine for about 24 hours.
That is exactly what I do every morning. Ridiculous this hasn't be addressed yet.

Menacer

Reaction score
Still no fix so after a few calls with Uconnect I took the truck to the dealer and was told they can't find a problem even though I showed them the issue. They said the tech messed with a few settings and to see if that fixes it and if not they will have to contact Ram to see about a new radio. Guess tomorrow morning I know if it is fixed.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Still no fix so after a few calls with Uconnect I took the truck to the dealer and was told they can't find a problem even though I showed them the issue. They said the tech messed with a few settings and to see if that fixes it and if not they will have to contact Ram to see about a new radio. Guess tomorrow morning I know if it is fixed.
Menancer,

What is your current software level at right now? Please send us a PM, we'd be happy to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread