Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Toy (Jack)

Aykillah

Reaction score
Well it finally arrived and all I can say is this thing is heavy but well made. I ordered an Icky Concepts Kratos mount so hopefully that will work if not maybe slight modification to get it there. Assembly was a breeze, install the wheels and the extension “tie down” and you’re done. I’m not looking forward to using it but I’ll be glad to have it when I do need it compared to the factory bottle jack. If you guys have questions let me know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 100

el_barto

Reaction score
Nice…I might have to get one as my home Jack since it says it has close to 30” max height… rather than stacking wood under the Jack. Plus it looks easier to move around with those big wheels.

That said ill just stick with a bottle Jack in my truck …This thing would take sooo much space

Aykillah

Reaction score
Nice…I might have to get one as my home Jack since it says it has close to 30” max height… rather than stacking wood under the Jack. Plus it looks easier to move around with those big wheels.

That said ill just stick with a bottle Jack in my truck …This thing would take sooo much space
Yea I may get rid of my other 2 floor jacks now. Since it doesn’t have 2 caster wheels on the rear it’s a pain to turn with all 4 wheels but you can lock the handle back 45 degrees and tilt the front up and turn it on the back wheels quite easy.

It’s going to be mounted vertically in the bed hopefully. Shouldn't take up too much room.

Attachments

• F2C2E91D-7FB0-4017-ADCE-3C2D737E12C2.jpeg
    F2C2E91D-7FB0-4017-ADCE-3C2D737E12C2.jpeg
    573.9 KB · Views: 73

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I saw that jack come out about a month after I bought a new Daytona jack for my trailer. Reviews look great. Wish I waited I would’ve purchased that instead.

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
Yea I may get rid of my other 2 floor jacks now. Since it doesn’t have 2 caster wheels on the rear it’s a pain to turn with all 4 wheels but you can lock the handle back 45 degrees and tilt the front up and turn it on the back wheels quite easy.

It’s going to be mounted vertically in the bed hopefully. Shouldn't take up too much room.
What bed mounts are those? It looks like a MOLLE system.

Aykillah

Reaction score
What bed mounts are those? It looks like a MOLLE system.

Great products!

I have the drivers side panel. I’ll eventually get the passenger side as I collect more things to mount.

Aykillah

Reaction score
So I got the Kratos mount. The Badlands is slightly longer so the wheels on top don’t fully sit in the cradle. Regardless, it still works and doesn’t move one bit while driving and me hitting some rather large potholes and ruts today.

Attachments

• 6DEB1BF1-3866-4674-B80B-8EAE4CD79221.jpeg
    6DEB1BF1-3866-4674-B80B-8EAE4CD79221.jpeg
    654.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 5DF11C06-754A-4B31-8299-FBC676C6861D.jpeg
    5DF11C06-754A-4B31-8299-FBC676C6861D.jpeg
    661.6 KB · Views: 39

UglyViking

Reaction score
I am debating picking on of these up, but they weigh quite a bit and I'm wondering how often I'll need the thing. I'm thinking a bottle jack may be more my speed personally. I really dig the thing, maybe the next time I find a 25% off coupon I'll snag one.

mountainears

Reaction score
Airbag Jack…. They come in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aykillah

Reaction score
I am debating picking on of these up, but they weigh quite a bit and I'm wondering how often I'll need the thing. I'm thinking a bottle jack may be more my speed personally. I really dig the thing, maybe the next time I find a 25% off coupon I'll snag one.
I was saying the same thing, I was originally looking into getting a hilift with a rock slider attachment and wide base but decided against it. I was going to do a bigger bottle jack but having to find a place for it to fit was annoying and then when I saw these I used a 25% off coupon and went with it, the discount covered the 3yr warranty so it worked out.

Aykillah

Reaction score
Airbag Jack…. They come in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was looking at those and just saw the Ty Vole one and was like, damn wish he made that sooner. I also have the fear of something puncturing it but hey maybe next time.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

If your jack has a removable pad you can just get an extension post made. I made an extention post for my 3.5 ton big red years ago for lifting trucks and suvs

el_barto

Reaction score
If your jack has a removable pad you can just get an extension post made. I made an extention post for my 3.5 ton big red years ago for lifting trucks and suvs
Yeah I should make an extension…I’m pretty sure the pad can be removed. But this one with the big wheels looks like it gets a bit more height plus easier to roll over my cracked driveway

el_barto

Reaction score
I was saying the same thing, I was originally looking into getting a hilift with a rock slider attachment and wide base but decided against it. I was going to do a bigger bottle jack but having to find a place for it to fit was annoying and then when I saw these I used a 25% off coupon and went with it, the discount covered the 3yr warranty so it worked out.
Hilift Jack is useful in its own right. I wouldn’t use a hilift to change a tire or anything, but it’s a great recovery tool…dangerous if you don’t know how to use it though.
You don’t need any attachment to lift from round sliders, just start with the base a bit further under the slider as the vehicle lifts the Jack will become more vertical. Watch out for lateral tilt though.

The lift mate attachment (hooks that go in wheel spokes) is very helpful for a high centered vehicle so you can slide traction boards/stack rocks under the tires, and you aren’t lifting thru the full droop of the suspension. Also you can lift almost any vehicle this way even without steel bumpers/rock sliders

BigDaddyKong

Reaction score
Just to give you an idea how big this is, I have 28" tires on my Ranger. The bottom jacked up pic is without the extension.

1676504464695.jpeg
1676504670560.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread