Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the Ram HD family

Sixtime43

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I just picked up a 2022 2500 Bighorn with the Night Edition package and a "Waldoch" upfitted package that included a lift, wheels, and some badging. Been with the Ram family since the late 90's having owned now owned 5 of them as of last week.

I believe it's a BDS lift, but I'm unsure of the height. In all honesty, I could do without the lift, and am considering having it removed and returned to factory height, or at least lowered a couple of inches. It's just too high and won't fit in my garage, which sucks because I like to do most of the maintenance myself along with DIY mods. I have a set of AMP Research running boards coming next week, which will help, but the no garage deal bothers me a lot. Yes, I had a strong feeling it wouldn't fit before I bought it and thought I could live with that, but I'm having second thoughts. Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's a standard 7' garage door I believe.

I stepped up from a 2013 1500 Laramie (with a 4" BDS lift ironically) since we plan to start doing some camping, and plan to purchase a 5th wheel camper in the near future. My old 1500 with the lift did fit in my garage with an inch or so to spare on the height.

Other than that, the truck is awesome and I couldn't be happier. I found this site doing a search for keyless entry DIY addons and really glad I did. That is going to be project number 2 following the running boards.

Anyway, thanks for having me aboard and here are a couple of pics of the truck.

Attachments

• 20220402_104042.jpg
    20220402_104042.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220402_104112.jpg
    20220402_104112.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 35

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
You’ll most likely want that lift removed if you plan on towing a 5er. Welcome!

whitexc

Reaction score
Nice looking truck. Welcome.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Alvin York

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I just picked up a 2022 2500 Bighorn with the Night Edition package and a "Waldoch" upfitted package that included a lift, wheels, and some badging. Been with the Ram family since the late 90's having owned now owned 5 of them as of last week.

I believe it's a BDS lift, but I'm unsure of the height. In all honesty, I could do without the lift, and am considering having it removed and returned to factory height, or at least lowered a couple of inches. It's just too high and won't fit in my garage, which sucks because I like to do most of the maintenance myself along with DIY mods. I have a set of AMP Research running boards coming next week, which will help, but the no garage deal bothers me a lot. Yes, I had a strong feeling it wouldn't fit before I bought it and thought I could live with that, but I'm having second thoughts. Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's a standard 7' garage door I believe.

I stepped up from a 2013 1500 Laramie (with a 4" BDS lift ironically) since we plan to start doing some camping, and plan to purchase a 5th wheel camper in the near future. My old 1500 with the lift did fit in my garage with an inch or so to spare on the height.

Other than that, the truck is awesome and I couldn't be happier. I found this site doing a search for keyless entry DIY addons and really glad I did. That is going to be project number 2 following the running boards.

Anyway, thanks for having me aboard and here are a couple of pics of the truck.
That is a great looking truck. Is that the Delmonico Red? Before you lower your truck, I would check on the price to possibly replace your 7' door with a 10' door. I would check on the price difference between the parts and labor (If you are not doing the work yourself) of lowering your truck and the cost of replacing the 7' door with a 10' door, if in fact it can be done. If your garage is too small for a 10' door then it is a moot point. Good luck!

Sixtime43

Reaction score
That is a great looking truck. Is that the Delmonico Red? Before you lower your truck, I would check on the price to possibly replace your 7' door with a 10' door. I would check on the price difference between the parts and labor (If you are not doing the work yourself) of lowering your truck and the cost of replacing the 7' door with a 10' door, if in fact it can be done. If your garage is too small for a 10' door then it is a moot point. Good luck!
Thank you! It is Delmonico Red. It has great contrast of color between sunny and overcast days.

I've decided to leave the truck the way it is... it just looks too nice as it sits now. lol, truth be told... everyone I've asked said to leave it alone. I'm just going to live with it being parked outside. We are going to be moving later this year. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a place with a garage capable of housing it.

wemisswyo

Reaction score
Welcome. I have a 2022 2500 as well with the same Waldoch. You have a great truck there. Enjoy. FYI...you DO NOT HAVE TO remove the lift to tow a fifth wheel. My last Ram had the 3.5" AEV lift. It was a custom 2500 Prospector with the 37" tires from AEV. I added airbags (Airlift Loadlifter has a 2" spacer for theirs) and towed my 38' toyhauler from WY to PA with no issues (and all over WY while we lived there). image1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread