Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the Group

Olerugger

Reaction score
Hey all, Formally 2015 F250 owner ( with no issues) and just purchased in December a single axle Ram 3500. I installed a Stealth Module, but other than that the truck is stock. I have been very happy but just recently have seen several ads for a doomsday oil dipstick device to prevent overheated oil from pushing dipstick out and spilling on turbo and causing a fire. This is the first I had heard of it and was wondering if this happening is a thing? Thanks for the help look forward to your replies. I'll be pulling my 30 ft 3horse LQ this spring and want to be prepared.

Attachments

• 20230120_153830.jpg
    20230120_153830.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

flan

Reaction score
Hey all, Formally 2015 F250 owner ( with no issues) and just purchased in December a single axle Ram 3500. I installed a Stealth Module, but other than that the truck is stock. I have been very happy but just recently have seen several ads for a doomsday oil dipstick device to prevent overheated oil from pushing dipstick out and spilling on turbo and causing a fire. This is the first I had heard of it and was wondering if this happening is a thing? Thanks for the help look forward to your replies. I'll be pulling my 30 ft 3horse LQ this spring and want to be prepared.
The answer is, it depends. What engine/trans combo do you have? Also, what year is your truck?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I have no answer for you though as I have the hemi.
Good luck.

flan

Reaction score
Sorry 2019 ram 3500 not sure on transmission spec's
Ok if your truck has the trans dipstick on the passenger side or the driver side will tell us which transmission you have and we can go from there.

Olerugger

Reaction score
Ok if your truck has the trans dipstick on the passenger side or the driver side will tell us which transmission you have and we can go from there.
Sorry for the delay, Dip stick for trans is on the drivers side.

flan

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, Dip stick for trans is on the drivers side.
Ok so you have the transmission that is not at risk of letting oil spill out onto the turbo. No need for the doomsday device.

Users who are viewing this thread