Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to site.

LaneC

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Lane and I'm new to the site.
I work for a Ram dealer near Chicago in Commercial/Fleet Sales.
I've worked in HD and Heavier Duty trucks for about the past 17 years, been around them my whole life.
I'm also a truck enthusiast so I figured I'd jump on here.

LaneC

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the new HD's, the new cab chassis trucks in particular are built very well.
The 2020 3/4 Ton has an awesome selection of options and packages available, some of were not available last year.
Diesel v Gas, Both of them have their pros and cons, theres no such thing as "the average truck owner" everyone uses their equipment differently and depending on your towing needs and where/how you use your truck, is how I pick which engine is better suited. I think a lot of people are getting diesels where they'd be much better off with the gas engine, but its really just up to the user/customer on how much money they want to spend I guess....

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the ongoing diesel vs gas debate. I am pro gas for what the usual workload is for a 2500. In 3500, well, you got a payload truck and a towing truck, or in that order, a gas and a diesel truck.

You want the towing max get a diesel, the payload champ get a gasser.

The rest of the debate weighs in on how much, and where your driving consists.

Some topography you won't even know the difference, obviously at higher elevation the diesel wins, but the gas can do the job on the lower elevations and rolling hills just as well.

Highway and long trips, diesel hands down, short trips and backroads the gas can hold its own.

I have been looking at the chassis cabs myself.. possibilites are endless.

Again, thanks for joining us, your knowledge will be appreciated.

tcook

Reaction score
Just joined today, I'm a new Ram owner, I just picked up a 2019 2500 Laramie with a Cummins. I had a Chevy 2500 with the Duramax. The truck is great pulls like a beast and rides smooth for a HD truck.

Users who are viewing this thread